Anyone want me to find something?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by FancyRamen, Aug 19, 2015.

1. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

I'm heading to the antique store on Friday and I really have no clue about straight razors but I know this shop has at least 6 different straight razors available. I'm heading there and can take pictures if anyone is interested in a personal shopper.

Probably best to post pictures of what they have and the price asked so I can give you a better idea, bit if there are specifics you are looking for, let me know.

mrchick, Douglas Carey, DLP and 2 others like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Sounds like fun - our own personal shopper :D
    I'd say, if you got the time and want to, snap photos of what you see and post them here for people to see and maybe give advice on them :)

Douglas Carey and gorgo2 like this.
  3. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

Will do. There are several straight razors and at least 1 GEM SE razor at the shop. I'll post and see if anyone is interested.

Douglas Carey and Darkbulb like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

If they happen to have a good condition Red Tip in original case for $22.50 I'll take one.

mrchick, PLANofMAN and gorgo2 like this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

If they have one of these for $40 or so, buy it! :D
    [​IMG]

6. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Depends on what they are and at what price.

7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Don't pass up any reasonably priced old DE blades, especially stainless ones.

GDCarrington likes this.
  8. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

image.jpg Anything Dubl Duck would be a nice find, especially with the original case. Or a Gillette Goodwill. Happy hunting.

9. RezDog

RezDog Well-Known Member

As always it condition, condition and condition as the three most important things to look for.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'll take a Bresduck Napoleon in any condition, thanks. I know at least one must remain somewhere in the world- Lost, forgotten, and neglected.

Drygulch and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Thiers Issard Spartacus for me please.

Drygulch likes this.
  12. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

If you come across a NOS Tanfuji western style 13/16 full hollow let me know. :)

13. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

Sorry buddy. I'm going to bet that they are sold out of those.

14. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Let's see what you find

15. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

BTW.........Thank you for offering to be a shopper for all of us. Even if you don't find anything for us, that's very nice of you to offer up your help.

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Jamie you must be drinking some of that good scotch from over there lol

Jamie Mahoney likes this.
  17. Randycin617

Randycin617 Member

Any pictures of the potential haul?

18. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

Here you go. Not as great condition as I originally thought but there are a few that I would pick up for myself.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The GEM is from 1912. The Kreiger is in fantastic shape as is the blue masonic razor and both of the pearl and imitation pearl handled ones. I was able to get the Gillette one that I saw initially for $20 vs the $22.50 they were asking. I'm sure there is some wiggle room on the razor prices, so let me know if you want anything and I will get it and ship it to you. Just cover the purchase price and shipping.

gorgo2 likes this.
  19. RezDog

RezDog Well-Known Member

oddly enough not al of those are vintage razors. Kreigar is a modern production razor, and it seems to me is actually a razor shaped object. The first one is lacking of any marks on it, which is a little odd. The Griffon and the Gem look as though they may have a little life left in them.

20. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

I know one was made in Pakistan and the Kreiger and Griffon are German.