AOS coming to Virginia

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by commah, May 20, 2007.

1. commah

commah New Member

I live in Manassas, Virginia, and I spent the day at the Pentagon City Mall with my wife. Rather than subjecting myself to the living hell that is called shopping with a woman, I decided to roam around on my own. I scored a few samples from L'Occitane (Cade s/c, which is the worst s/c I've ever used), and made the ubiquitous trip to Nordstrom. I picked up a bottle of Truefitt and Hill "Spanish Leather" which is now my favorit T&H EDT. Too bad it doesn't come in a shave cream.

After that, I ventured over to the Crabtree & Evelyn shop, where I purchased a cake of "Sweet Almond Oil" shave soap for $5.00. UNBELIEVABLE lather, very slick, very nice, but I just can't force myself to like that scent. When I think of Almond shave cream, I think of T&H Almond, or Trumpers Almond, both outstanding almond scents. But, C&E's "Sweet Almonod Oil" just doesn't do it. It smells like a sweet soap along the lines of Dove or something like that.

And as I was walking around people watching, I wanted to see if there were any other stores where I might score a few samples, so I looked on the big "Directory' board that is at every corner of the mall. Under the category of "Health and Beauty", I noticed the usual "Bath and Body Works", "The Body Shop", "L'Occitane", "Aveda", "Crabtree & Evelyn", and then to my amazement it said "ART OF SHAVING.....COMING SOON".

I checked out the site where they're building it, and it's going to be a decent size store. So, for any of you that live in the Northern Virginia area, be on the alert for an Art of Shaving store opening up in the Pentagon City Mall before the summer. Hopefully, they'll have a grand opening sale and I can score some of their lavender shave cream.

Just an FYI!

2. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Wow, I wish you would have joined sooner! I was on an internship in Manassas this past fall semester with Vertis Communications (a large commercial printer off of Balls Ford). I think I heard about this a while back, and was hoping it would open before Christmas, but no luck.

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Sweet!

It is on the other side of the Beltway but I could make the trip. :D

4. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

seeing as how i work in Sterling,Va this sounds like a nice trip to make.

Marty