AOS Rose

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Scorpio, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I just got a sample at the AOS store at the Galleria in Dallas. The scent reminds of rose petals. As if I was actually smelling a rose. The consistency is much the same as the other AOS creams. I'll shave with it tomorrow and report.

Raf

2. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Bring me some!

3. El Kid

El Kid New Member

I bought tub of it and returned. I liked the scent a lot, what made me return it was the consistency of the cream. It was very runny. When i first opened the tub I had it on a tilt and some of the cream spilled on the bathroom floor. Most of my shaving creams (including other AOS creams) I can hold upside down and nothing happens. Not this stuff. If it falls on it side with the lid open your going to lose a lot of it. I tried stirring it with a chop stick, hoping that would thicken it up, but no luck. It's too bad it was runny like that because i really liked the scent.

4. msandoval858

Nevermind, don't bring me any :p

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

It's too bad you returned it. Em's Place Shaving cream comes in a pump bottle and Mama Bear Shave Cream is very liquid too and the performance is fine especially, Em's Place shaving cream. You might have returned it too soon.

6. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Anybody know if they make a rose balm or other products?

Jordan

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I believe they have the balm also. I could get the thing to lather at all. But I have read very good reviews so I'll chuck it to a bad sample. I'll be back there tomorrow to get the tub. Yes Mike I'll get some for you!!!!!

Mike where's Borat????

8. msandoval858

I'm working on it :)

9. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Well, I got a tub of Rose Absolute. I'll use it in the morning and then report. The scent is great. It is like smelling rose petals. I guess the Rose EO's take care of that.

Raf

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Well, here is a preview. I lathered up a small amount, about half a snurdle, using hotel hot tap water and my Shavemac 944 Best. This stuff is great!!!!!
    The cream lathered up nicely and plentiful. This cream is very moisturizing, creamy and slick. I was very satisfied at the initial "spread it in your hand" test. Did I mentioned this cream was very moisturizing!!! I put some on my face to see how it felt. It was slick and moisturizing and my face felt very nice afterwards. I can still smell the roses. If everything goes well during the shave test, this cream will easily be part of my top 10 creams. Half a snurdle went a long way. I got 3-4 passes with some to spare.

Folks, the scent is really outstanding, not fake at all. IMHO. The tub contains 5oz. Priced at $25 at the AOS store at the mall.

Raf

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Well,

I am happy to report that the cream passed the shave test with flying colors. I enjoy every moment. It is very lubricating and moisturing( as it was developed for women). The lather was rich and creamy and the scent lasted for a time after the shave. I recommend that if you get the chance to try a sample, do it. Now make sure you get a sample of the cream and not the freakin balm like I did then try to lather with the balm. The Kid at the store gave me the wrong stuff, dumb ass!!! But in the end it was a pleasurable experience that any Rose scented cream fan will greatly enjoy.

Raf

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

The solution would have been to leave the lid open for a day or so, the cream should firm up with a little air contact / evaporation.

This stuff sounds good, I may have to try it out. :drool

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Great review!!, now I really want to try it ;)

14. msandoval858

Tried mine this morning, will try again a second time here in the next few days. I have to say, this is a darn good cream. Lathers very easily and shaves well. The scent is definately a more natual smelling rose and not overly sweet like TOBS and Trumpers.

15. Will

Will Nevermind

I had a feeling more men would be getting this.

I bet it you mixed it with Sandalwood it would be great too.

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Luckily, rose is not my forte. So, I'm OK on this one. Can you compare the scent to Mama Bear's Attar of Rose cream?

17. xChris

xChris Member

Hmm -- that reads like it should be be in Rick's CoC thread...

18. msandoval858

No no...

We all know Rick would through a cuppa fingers of Velva in the tub :D

19. Will

Will Nevermind

Maybe Musk! :rofl

20. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

mmmmmmmmmm.
    Lets see here.

TOBS Rose cream +