AoS Sandalwood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by oldtrout, Jan 4, 2013.

1. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

For Christmas I received a tub of AoS Sandalwood and I used it for the first time today. Wow, I really like the scent and it's a very luxurious shaving cream -- the creamiest cream I've tried to date.
    This is the best Christmas gift I've received in many years!

crackstar likes this.
  2. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Many don't like the cost of AOS' products, but their soaps and creams lather extremely well.

crackstar likes this.
  3. oldtrout

I just looked up the price, it is a little rich.
    Great gift though, I will enjoy it.

crackstar likes this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

AoS Sandalwood cream smells very nice, however I prefer the Proraso Sandalwood cream's scent. I also find that the AoS creams and soaps leave my skin feeling a bit irritated. The Proraso Sandalwood cream moisturizes and soothes my skin very, very well.

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  5. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

Now I have to try the Proraso Jeff. There is no doubt that you are the "Shaving Cream Maven!" Have a great weekend!

crackstar likes this.
  6. oldtrout

I have a tube of the Proraso as well. It's my favorite cream so far.
    I may end up liking the AoS better, or not.

crackstar likes this.
  7. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the creams but IMO, the soaps are about as good as they get. Congrats, nice gift. BTW, Czech & Speake shave soaps are made by the same company that makes the soaps for AoS (Valobra), first rate too.

8. crackstar

The AoS Sandalwood is classy stuff - perhaps more than the Proraso Sandalwood but for me I need comfort while I'm shaving, and the Proraso delivers for me every time.

9. crackstar

Stuart, a goldene velt of dir! (Yiddish for a golden world on you!) A maven I am not but I know what I like!

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  10. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Can't wait to place my next order with IB and get the Proraso Sandalwood Croap in the red tub.

11. 13Fdaddy

13Fdaddy Member

I bought a travel kit a while back that had this along with the a/s balm and a brush. I agree the sent is amazing, but it left my skin just a little by oily feeling IMO. Ill have to try the proraso sandalwood in the near future that has been mentioned though