April 13th is the ER Shovel Head's 100 Birthday....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 2, 2015.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

The Ever Ready 1924 was designed by deMesquita. His original design was applied for Dec 3rd 1909...it was manufactured by Yankee and Ever Ready in that year....

He was awarded the patent on April 13, 1915....so this April 13th the Shovel Head will be celebrating it's 100th patent anniversary....I think all who love this design should join in, and celebrate however you chose. Post on the Injector and SE Party Thread however you plan to celebrate and whenever you shave with an Ever Ready 1924 or Yankee 1909 or ER 1909 or ER 1915....

ER 1909 was also manufacture in England in 1915 image.jpg

Yankee 1909: image.jpg image.jpg

As you can see there is little difference in these and the ER 1924 which de Mesquita also applied for the patent for on April 1st 1924.

So let the festivities begin, and lets hear from you guys about how you are going to celebrate....

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    SDK, RaZorBurn123 and maltedmilk like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice. I believe I have a ER1924, I'll need to check. Thanks for posting this. :happy088:

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I did not realize that. I shaved with mine for a week in March, my GEM/ER month. I used my brass center punch handle. Got some very good shaves.
    [​IMG]