Aqua Velva Ice Balm -- discontinued?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TG_Charles, Jul 13, 2008.

1. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Say it isn't so! :eek:

I heard a rumor that Aqua Velva Ice Balm has been discontinued. I don’t want to start a panic, but if this is true, I’ll be very disappointed. Ice Balm is my first choice (practically my only choice) when it comes to a balm.

At the Aqua Velva (USA) website, I noticed Ice Balm is not part of the products line-up. Not a good sign.

http://www.aquavelvausa.com/products.shtml

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

yeah, I don't see it in the product list.

3. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

dont sweat it, bro.
    You can make your own.

First:
    get some AV AS......

Then:

Call me :D

4. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

It is like some bad cheap magazine with a recipe in it.. "Buy this magazine.. then go to our website for full details!" ;)

5. rick

Wheres the love? :love055

6. Will

Will Nevermind

Bait and switch again Rick?

Here is the scam. He gets you in with the promise of making Balm and gets you to buy a Pipe.

7. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I don't know if it's been discontinued or not, but I do know that the photo doesn't represent all their products.

Aqua velva sport isn't listed... I know they're still making that one (as of last week at least). Maybe we're in luck, and they just didn't list all their products in that pic.

8. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

I hope Rick doesn't get into trouble with the H.A.V.O.C. over this incident.

:D

9. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I'm crying on the inside :sad023:rofl:rofl:rofl

10. rick

I have 2 available for immediate purchase............:love055

11. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

I just sent a query to Aqua Velva via their website. Hopefully, they will either confirm or deny (preferably deny) the rumor that Ice balm is being discontinued.

12. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I sure hope they tell us something, but from past experience, they only send auto response emails.

I looked for the balm today, and had no luck retail. Definitely not a good sign.

13. paydepst

paydepst Member

I don't know but the fact that you don't see it on their website means nothing. Remember the blind panic everyone was thrown into when it was reported that Ingram was no longer on Lornamead's website? Of course it didn't help that they had an individual at the information desk giving out incorrect information but that turned out to be an oversight on their part.

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm so happy that Ingram lather cream is still around!

15. Will

Will Nevermind

If anyone gets the chance, get the Ice Gel. Good stuff! (I think they have it in Canada).

16. cwiscarolina

cwiscarolina New Member

This has been troubling me for about two months now, because at that time I noticed my local Walgreens was not stocking this excellent ASB anymore.

But it's true, it has been discontinued. Several online retailers, whom I attempted to purchase this balm from, confirmed this God-awful occurrence to me.

17. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

As I am not a fan of Aqua Velva this only makes more room for Old Spice:D

18. rick

it really is a shame.........................I was starting to like you :sad024

Not that theres anything wrong with Old Spice

19. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Problem is my pops used to wear it and he and I never got along. Scent is the most powerful trigger.

20. rick

OK.
    Gotcha.

Ever try the AV musk ??? (Truth be told......I like it better than the original)