Aqua Velva or Skin Bracer? ?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Pop Pops Razor, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Clubman4Life

Clubman4Life Active Member

I'm 30 and love the SB and AV. AV will stick around a lot longer and has glycerine in it. The SB is a great astringent also. They both have that classic "tough guy" scent.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I might just have to suck it up and buy Skin Bracer. The scent might grow on me.

3. NRod

NRod Member

I need to give AV a shot, I picked up some old spice last week. Had a nice shave. Splashed some on. Walked in the living room and was immediately subjected to some very passive aggressive comments from my wife. She clearly was not diggin my fragrant emanations.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Wait another 25 years or so. Her opinion of AV on you may change....;):D

PatrickA51 likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I get the same reaction and not always from a/s.

PatrickA51, Mr. Shaverman and tuxxdk like this.
  6. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I have used Skin Bracer off and on for many years. (don't ask how many, too many to remember)

7. Clubman4Life

Clubman4Life Active Member

Skin Bracer really does "brace" your skin.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  8. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Watch this

NRod likes this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Man....recently I've introduced my wife to Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Aqua Velva Musk and Pinaud Clubman Aftershave...She really loves all of these....She doesn't think of any of them as Old Man scents....She didn't grow up around them so they are new to her....Her Dad wore Brute and Acqua di Gio ha,ha. So I guess, these scents have been around long enough to be like new again for alot of people....

But she didn't dig Old Spice or Guerlain Habit Rouge; which I love....She thinks those are Old Man Scents....along with the Brute and acqua di Gio....But she loves Pinaud Clubman and Aqua Velva...Cool...I'm lucky....I do too....so.....I'm off to splash the Velva.....ha,ha...

Oh, Skin Bracer?......tones nicely and Menthol cools....the scent fades so quickly its a non issue...doesn't score one way or the other....Wife said the same thing..."its gone so fast, I wouldn't use it for the scent if I was you...maybe a good aftershave to use before using your favorite cologne....or aftershave....;)"

10. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

image.jpg
    As Pete used to say, "There's something about an Aqua Velva man".

11. Razor Blade X

Razor Blade X Active Member

I'm with Skin Bracer. Anyone know where I can buy some Menthol Crystals to spike my skin bracer into Skin Bracer Polar Edition.

12. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Never tried either of them

13. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

The TSD store had menthol crystals. Haven't checked lately and also not sure if JoAnna's back around yet but that would be the only place I know of.

14. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

They sell them on Amazon as well.