Aqua Velva

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by Will, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Burn, very mild on my face almost non existent

Moisture, pretty good for a Lotion

Goes in quick.

Cool Breeze baby!

Very Soothing.

Gets rid of irritation in seconds.

For $5 you cant go wrong!

Not to mention the scent is outstanding and it comes in a very classy old school heavy glass bottle, very nice!

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Everyone should have some of this.
    BURNS like lava ....but just for a few seconds and then
    a wave of cooling comes and is sooooo refreshing.
    I find AV offers adequate moisture but I need another layer during the winter months.
    Very healing....any time I chop up my face THIS is the ticket.
    Can be found everywhere and is dirt cheap.
    Just great.

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Like the man said: A Real Guy's Aftershave

Aqua Velva :drool

I really enjoy a good aftershave splash, and have tried many (seriously - probably a few dozen). I definitely have a few out of the bunch that are my favorites....but I probably use Aqua Velva most often. It treats my skin well, smells great, and makes the ladies weak in the knees :D

Excellent Menthol-Effect :happy088

lou.jpg

4. Smedley

Smedley New Member

A great splash at a great price. Does everything an AS should after a shave, and more.

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

A wonder elixir. Treats me right in all the correct ways:

Heals up any redness
    Burns at first
    Then icy cool ahhhhh!
    Price is amazing

In short, it does what it's supposed to do, and does it better than 99% of everything out there!

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    Simply Amazing.

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

good stuff, good stuff.

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Always enjoy the Velva.....I enjoy the scent as well, feels great after a nice shave :cool:

$5 for a huge bottle....what a bargain ;)

9. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I found this aftershave to be fairly soothing with a decent scent. To me the scent is not as appealing as the Skin Bracer Cooling Blue but it is still good none the less. The scent last quite a while which is nice and it is reasonably priced.

10. rafikz

rafikz Member

YUK

AV Ice Blue is disguting

AV Green and Ice balm smell great, but Ice Blue smells like %**#*@^@

11. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

There's something about an Aqua Velva man. Never had the stuff 'til I came to TSD, now I don't know how I lived without it.

12. NUMCKS

NUMCKS Well-Known Member

Refreshing and cooling. I like the scent of the Ice Sport better than the Ice Blue but can tolerate the Ice Blue as well.

13. adaumus

adaumus New Member

didn't know what to expect, but mixed well with my nat. scent

I just joined up here, and have been picking up aftershaves lately after getting an arsenal of soaps. I bought a bottle of Aqua Velva Classic Blue and love it! I feel like the scent mixes really well with me. It ends up having a nice menthol/woodsy scent on me at least. I'm 28 and I grew up with OS, brut, british sterling, english leather, etc. in my dad's closet (the cheaper AS's in my time) but my dad never had this! I like the smell better because it is distinct but doesn't stick out like a soar thumb, and has some cooling power. I just picked up some OS for nostalgia, but aqua velva will be my cheap go to for sure. Cools, soothes, and mosturizes better than any other cheaper AS. I'm down to try any that I haven't if any suggestions out there!! A must have in any den!

14. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

I know, I know...opinions vary greatly about the Velva but IMHO, no wetshaver, no shave cave is complete without it. Nice menthol cooling and healing, nice smell and the logistics of getting some is as simple as a drive to any Walmart or local supermarket. The quality far exceeds its price and you just can't go wrong with this stuff. If you're a young guy and right now your saying, "Yeah GI, but I don't want to smell like an old man." First off you won't smell like an old man without cheap cigars, Ben Gay or beer farts and second, if you're that worried about it use Aqua Velva as an aftershave followed up by a Davidoff Cool Water finish. I've employed this stack on a number of occassions and it's quite nice. For something a bit less retro, use this as an after shave and finish up with Murray and Lanman's Florida Water. Now that's nice!

15. rweb82

rweb82 Active Member

Wear the Velva, get the vulva! Let's face it, many of us would not be here if our fathers and grandfathers didn't wear it first! :happy036: