Archie Bunker's Razor

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jay_gatz, Jul 15, 2021.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

So I am placing this here, even though it is not a joke, but this is a no holds barred forum. I've never seen this question posed on any other shave sites, so I am posing it here. What razor would Archie Bunker use? He is clearly an everyman type, possibly a super speed? Is he still using the Tech he got while serving in WW2 killing nazis? Did he buy into the adjustable marketing hype? I'm thinking he used the razor the Army issued him all those years ago. What do you think? If this is in the wrong section, feel free to move it. And for sure the meathead doesn't know what a razor is, or is used for...

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i would say a tech or superspeed..:D

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I'd say a fat handled Tech that he never cleaned and he made a fuss when Edith got a hold of it and cleaned it up. "Edith what'd you do that for?? ..... you took all it's character". "But Archie it was filthy and green.

After Edith
    [​IMG]

:eatdrink047:

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

He would never use an adjustable ..... he'd feel it was too much like a wishy washy pinko commie. :angry019:

:eatdrink047:

5. chazt

chazt Well-Known Member

A. Bunker seems like an injector guy to me.

6. brit

brit in a box

most likely..least amount of effort..;):eatdrink047:

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
  8. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

During that time in the seventies he probably transitioned to cartridge...

9. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

10. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

He probably bought one of those newfangled Gillette Techmatic band razors, used it once, threw it at Meathead and whipped out his trusty Super Speed.

11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Definitely a Trac II. He changed the cart a couple of times a year whether it needed it or not. Shave soap was either Irish Spring or Dial Gold..whatever was in the soap dish...applied by hand. One pass and then a quick rinse with warm water. Good to go.

"Boy the way Glenn Miller shaved...."

12. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

A Gillette safety razor of some sort, or maybe a Norelco or Remington electric shaver. At least that is what I saw from men in my family from the Greatest Generation. Although not bigoted, like Archie Bunker, they were blue collar, grew up in the Great Depression, old school and with an aversion to hippies. And they watched All In The Family and very much sympathized with Archie Bunker.

Tedolph and brit like this.
  13. Hercule

Hercule Active Member

A Gillette Fatboy with an Ever-ready synthetic brush and Palmolive shave cream from a tube.

Shaver X likes this.