Are There Any Shaving Soaps You Could Use Everyday?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Weishi Warrior, Jan 22, 2013.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I am pretty content with Klar Kabinett. It has been my daily soap for over a year at this point.

I do like a little variety, but KK works well for me and I like the scent.

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  2. JRod22

JRod22 Well-Known Member

I like MWF and would use it full time. I do have some TOBS on the way though, I think I'll probably stick to just those two, as I anticipate big things from the TOBS Jermyn Street. TSD Lanolin Soap made great lathers as well but I gifted it to my father.

Weishi Warrior likes this.
  3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ohhhhhh, I wish I could use MWF without irritations - but, it just won't allow me. :sad023:

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

As I have pondered this, I've come to a conclusion about the 50 soaps in my den.
    If it is not a soap I would be willing to use everyday, it's not a soap worth being in my rotation.

Shaver X, Norseman and Weishi Warrior like this.
  5. Weishi Warrior

Weishi Warrior Well-Known Member

I fully agree! :signs011:

6. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

I might have said AoS, but that was when it was made in Italy and a tallow based product.

You know, one finds a fantastic soap and then invariably it is discontinued or reformulated. Such is our lot.

7. Jayjo

Jayjo Member

I use MWF everyday lately. I have grown tired of my creams and just seem to enjoy Mitchell's more then anything.

8. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

In spite of my attempts to avoid buying a bunch of stuff I have managed to create a small stock pile of soaps and creams, I guess I like experimenting. I love combining Vitos Extra Super and Van Der Hagen Deluxe, that combo produced my first really amazing shave and I have yet to find anything that surpasses it. I am still looking for that single perfect soap. Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorns is close, but it burns me a little bit. Maybe the Ogallala Bay Rum and Lemongrass will finally be able to put an end to my search...

9. Moe

Moe Active Member

I used VDH for years until I found shaving forums............... Gosh darn Internet!

DaveL and srpavko like this.
  10. jabberwock

jabberwock Well-Known Member

VDH Deluxe with a little extra umph is an awesome soap, and a pretty good soap all by its self. For the price there isn't much on par with VDH Deluxe.

feeltheburn likes this.
  11. Sam D.

Sam D. Member

Tabac soap. Smells like the handsoaps my father used to bring back from travel as I was a kid. I felt just at home from the very first use ! Moreover, I love the Marc Aurèle aftershave sold at Migros here in Switzerland, it's just a wonderful combination.

12. ohpaos

ohpaos Smiley Provider

My BF would be happy using MWF daily. (I actually feel a bit guilty adding to his soap collection b/c I understand MWF performs best when used frequently & kept hydrated.)

I could never be faithful to just one shaving or bath soap. We call the shower shelf "Soaphenge".... The fascination is actually less about scent than experiencing how different natural ingredients manifest in terms of bubbles, lather, skin feel etc

Thanks for a very fun thread. I'm adding several soaps mentioned to my bucket list (esp looking fwd to trying Sara's Creations & TSD).

Ash <---- "had a soap addiction, but I'm clean now"

13. jdjones

jdjones New Member

Tabac. By far my favorite.

14. srpavko

srpavko Fastrak Super Duty Hustler

So far in my short stint in this DE/Wet Shave circus, I have liked the Proraso Red the most. Right now if I had to chose one that would be it.

15. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Proraso would get lifetime use for me. And VDH deluxe as well.

16. Sunflake

Sunflake Well-Known Member

Proraso green
    MdC
    Tabac

17. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

There are quite a few shave soaps I could use every day.

Col. Conks
    Dove bar
    Em's Place
    Institut Karite
    Kell's Original
    L'Occitane
    Mike's Natural Soap
    Prairie Creations Tallow and Lanolin
    Savon de Marseilles olive oil soap
    Tabac
    Van Der Hagen Deluxe

Some are better than others, but I could do just fine with any of them.

18. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Well, C.O. Bigelow/Proraso Green and Mikes Natural. If I could just alternate between those two I could be happy forever, I think! But, I do so like to experiment!

19. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I can easily choose Tabac as my everyday soap. But I'll wait until I'll try MdC to reevaluate.

20. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If it gets neglected, a teaspoon or two of water once a week will keep it ready to go at a moment's notice. :)

Jasman and ohpaos like this.