Are you gaining or losing weight, during this "Pandemic"??

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Apr 14, 2020.

?

Are you gaining or losing weight during the lockdown??

1. Gaining weight

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. Losing weight

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Me, I am losing weight. I cannot go to a gym, and I have resorted to riding a bike hard, for a workout. Between 9-18 miles a day. I seem to be losing upper body muscle.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Probably gaining......I can do SOME excercising and stretching, but it doesn't match the gym for a full workout.

3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have used the bicycle as my primary distraction and hopped on it 18 of the last 20 days (22.5 hours) regardless of weather. I figured the worse weather, the less people and I have gotten my butt kicked by 50 mph gusting headwinds and temps just a few degrees above freezing. I have been avoiding trails for the most part and just riding on the road. Other than it is just labor around the house and yard. I might be down a couple pounds I dont know (have been eating well), but more importantly my fitness got the kick in the butt it needed after a lazy winter.

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I've kinda stabilized, suprisingly. Moving around less, natch, but eating less.

DaltonGang likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think loosing (don't have a scale), but going for a lot of long walks.

:eatdrink013:

DaltonGang likes this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Gaining
    My primary hobby has been sidelined (metal detecting)
    Can’t seem to round up the energy to go fishing
    I guess I’m getting old, the drive just isn’t there
    (Can y’all hear that?). It was the combined shouts of jubilation of thousands of fishes. Lol

DaltonGang likes this.
  7. Edsland

Edsland Active Member

Can’t golf, wife is getting us to walk 10000 steps a day. Can’t wait to go back to work lol

DaltonGang and Enrico like this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I can't golf either ..... got no golf clubs, got no golf balls and never played the game ...... but I got a beautiful, loving wife and we take a lot less steps to keep active. :D

And when the weather's nice we go outside. ;)

:eatdrink013:

Edsland and DaltonGang like this.
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

losing, but in a good way.

DaltonGang likes this.
  10. efsk

efsk Active Member

I've started walking around during all the telecons. I now walk an average of 18000 steps/10miles a day. I do snack more simultaneously, so stay more or less even.

DaltonGang likes this.