Are your shaves usually...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Gilligan and Walter, Jan 24, 2015.

?

Are your shaves usually...

Poll closed Feb 23, 2015.
  1. BBS (Baby Butt Smooth)

10 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. DFS (Damn Fine Shave)

40 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. CCS (Close Comfortable Shave)

13 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. SAS (Socially Acceptable Shave)

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Other

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

Reflecting upon your shaves, are they usually:

BBS
    DFS
    CCS
    SAS
    Other

Please cast your vote in the poll.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  2. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

DFS mostly unless I'm in a hurry. BBS comes to me every couple of weeks there is one patch on my neck slightly under the chin which is my trouble spot that I have trouble getting completely clean because the hair grows in 100 directions but on certain days when the moon is just right I will somehow get it completely clean but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong in my 10 years of shaving.

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Between DFS and BBS for workdays. I am always running late. I chase the baby on the weekends ;)

Herm2502, gorgo2, ARGH and 1 other person like this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

right under my jawline was always my tuff spot, until I realized that I had to mind the angle over the curve of my jaw.
    mostly on the first pass,n to s. the razor handle had to get real close to my neck. the rotate back it to shave the neck.
    if I get the first pass nice, the other passes will smooth up everything else.
    hope this helps someone else.

gorgo2 and Gilligan and Walter like this.
  6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I have a beard and shave my head, that being stated I could care less if my shave is SAS. No offense to the OP.

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Usually a Darn Fine Shave with the occassional BBS. I let the baby come to me.

I've reached the point of knowing my gear and perfecting my technique that I never have a bad shave, just some are better than others. Not bragging at all, just saying.

And I never rush my shave. If I don't have time to enjoy my shave my way, I don't shave.

(alarm clocks are adjustable, just so you know ;))

8. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Mine must be broken, the earlier I set it, the less effective it is.

9. BardicDruid

BardicDruid Active Member

Now that I'm out of the military and don't have to stand inspection anymore, BBS is a thing of the past, DFS is just fine.

10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

For me it's about 60% BBS, 30% DFS and 10% CCS. It didn't start this way in the beginning it was the opposite.

gorgo2 and Gilligan and Walter like this.
  11. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

:signs011:
    with DE razors, I got into chasing the BBS shave on a regular basis. Since moving on to straight razors and their long learning curve over the past year or so, I've adapted to giving up the chase on a daily basis and am quite content with a DFS.

12. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

Mostly DFS. I keep on remembering what the quality of shave I got with the carts, so am very pleased, and not worried about chasing the baby.

Gilligan and Walter and gorgo2 like this.
  13. VedderLG

VedderLG Well-Known Member

Mostly DFS for me

14. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

It's the journey not the destination gents. IMHO.

15. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

As a former "baby chaser" I now rate my shaves on how "enjoyable" they are instead of how close. It's funny once I gave up "chasing the baby" my shaves in general as well as my enjoyment level greatly improved. :happy088: My regular daily shave is now a comfortable, consistent DFS/semi BBS with an occasional "True" BBS. :)

16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'm happy with Darn Fine Shaves. An occasional BBS and seldomly a CCS occur.

17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Minimum of DFS+ unless I'm feeling puny. Typically BBS. Having a moderately sparse beard, compared to some of you gorillas, helps with that.

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That would be PFS for me. Pretty Fine Shave. I don't "darn" or "damn".

19. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

This is pretty close to what I was going to write. You saved me some typing!

20. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

What I considered a DFS when I first started, I now only consider a CCS. Likewise, what I previously considered a BBS has become merely a DFS.