Aristocrat #16, #21, #66 DeLuxe, Rockets, Milord, Vintage Butterscotch Brush REDUCED!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Mark1966, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

A whole lot of razors (and a vintage butterscotch Simpson brush – all REDUCED BY 20%!!!!

Prices below are excluding postage as I think it is easier to show the postage options as follows:

Registered Post (This provides proof of delivery and compensation of up to $A100.)
    One, two, three, four or more items (the only limit is that it must be under 500g):
    CONOZ - $A12
    NZ -$A16
    Asia Pacific - $A20
    USA & Canada - $A23
    UK, Europe and rest of the world - $A27

If the total weight is over 500g add $A10.

Airmail (This provides proof of postage only and compensation of up to $A50.)
    One item selling for $A100 or less at your risk:
    CONOZ - $A7.50
    NZ -$A8
    Asia Pacific - $A10
    USA & Canada - $A13
    UK, Europe and rest of the world - $A15

I hope that this is clear enough.

I've added in the airmail option for single low value purchases. It meets the PayPal sending confirmation requirement but is obviously less traceable than Registered Post.

If you want items insured for more than $A100 let me know and I'll advise of the alternatives and cost.

If you are interested in multiple items and can't afford them right now let’s talk and see what might be able to be arranged.

So, now to the actual items available and prices (all prices in $AUD plus postage):

1. British Aristocrat #66 DeLuxe set - $A200 plus postage NOW - $A160 plus postage (eligible for a freebie - see below)
    This is a very hard to come by razor. Basically a gold plated #66 it was the premium razor if its time. This example has considerable plate wear as you can see but in the hand looks better. Case has a stain on the lid but the interior looks good. A truly great razor the #66 Aristocrat DeLuxe is a beautiful example of the best of Gillette's British craftsmanship, from the days when that meant something. More pics here

[​IMG]

2. British #59 set - $A80 plus postage NOW - $A64 plus postage (eligible for a freebie - see below)
    This razor is in good condition and the case in fine with the exception of some wear on the bottom edge, see pics. The #59/Rocket HD is a fantastic shaver and it is hard to find a nice cased example like this. More pics here

[​IMG]

3. US rhodium plated Executive, missing end caps - $A80 plus postage NOW - $A64 plus postage (eligible for a freebie - see below)
    4. Fatboy, user grade -$A40 plus postage NOW - $A32 plus postage (eligible for a freebie - see below)
    5. British Aristocrat #21, user grade - $A80 plus postage NOW - $A64 plus postage (eligible for a freebie - see below)

These razors are shown from L to R in the picture below, what you see is what you get! More pics here

[​IMG]

If you buy any of the razors above you can take you pick from the razors in the picture below, first to pay gets first pick (Note: 4 and 9 are gone) (more pics of freebies here):

[​IMG]

6. Milord, good user grade - $A35 plus postage NOW - $A28 plus postage

7. Milord, user grade - $A20 plus postage NOW - $A16 plus postage

These razors are shown from L to R in the picture below, what you see is what you get! More pics here

[​IMG]

8. SuperSpeed (I3), user grade - $A15 plus postage NOW - $A12 plus postage

9. Black handle SuperSpeed (P?), user grade -$A10 plus postage NOW - $A8 plus postage

These razors are shown from L to R in the picture below (the other two are sold), what you see is what you get! More pics here

[​IMG]

10. Milord set: case average condition, razor in good condition pics here - $A56. NOW - $A45 plus postage

11. British Aristocrat #16 set: case not closing, brassing bent guard bar scratches inside head pics here - $A110. NOW - $A75 plus postage

12. British Aristocrat #21: uncased, stiff mechanism and lazy door, OK condition pics here - $A85. NOW - $A68 plus postage

13. Group 1 - $A22 each or $A60 for the group pics here. NOW - $A18 each or $A48 for the group plus postage

• British SuperSpeed II
    • British Rocket
    • TV SuperSpeed – date code D 2

14. Group 2 $A32 each or $A50 for the two remaining ones as a group pics here. NOW - $A26 each or $A40 for the group plus postage

• Rocket HD, brassing, scratch
    • 1940s Aristocrat wings end caps mark on end caps

15. SuperSpeed Vacation Set - J4 date code, pics here. $A45 NOW - $A36 plus postage

I believe that these prices are VERY KEEN but, as always, your feedback is welcome.

Happy shaving

NOTE: to work out prices in other currencies check out www.xe.com

I forgot to include details of the brush!

16. Vintage Butterscotch Simpson '10' - $A250 plus postage COLOR="#FF0000"] NOW - $A200 plus postage [/COLOR]
    This is a beautiful brush re-knotted by Simpson in 'Best' badger and used by me in a rotation of six brushes since mid-January. I've just decided that I prefer small brushes. Dimensions as follows:

Handle 52mm high, 38mm diameter
    Knot 52mm, 26mm diameter
    Weight 81g

The brush is marked - Marshall Field Company, The Store for Men - this is a famous Chicago department store, see here. More pics here

[​IMG]

alpla444 likes this.