Aristocrat through the roof.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by qhsdoitall, Sep 24, 2007.

1. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

2. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Can that REALLY be a legit bidding war? That or someone saw something they really wanted...

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Some guys have too much money :D

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

In my opinion this is a deceptive auction. Seller makes it sound as if the razor is made or set in gold when in fact is just a plating.

I have a Milord and a Slant "set" in gold I wonder if I can get $500 for each!!:D

Raf

5. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

The individual probably does not know of The Shave Den. Could probably convince someone to sell him an aristorat for much less.

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I've seen a few of those outrageous auctions in the last few weeks. I think I'll wait for the market to kool.:D

7. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

This is one of the reasons why I do not like to purchase wet shaving items on ebay. The prices tend to be unreasonable from time to time. I tend to preferr internet stores where the prices tend to be more or less stable. Or, of course in the classified's in these forums. Prices tend to be a lot more reasonable.

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

The winner seems to have paid an arm and leg for everything he's purchased.
    I only looked at 3-4 and I had to recover from sticker :eek:.

9. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Maybe we can sell him something. :D

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    He bought 2 toggles in separate auctions. Must be a collector. I guess. :confused:

Or he works for Gillette, and is trying to buy up all the old safety razors. Then he is gonna melt them down, and force us all to use Mach3s. :eek: :scared003

I like option one better. :ashamed001

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Could be....Could very well be. :rofl

He certainly has "deep pockets"

12. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I would like to advance a third option. The individuals bidding have absolutly no idea what a good price for a safety razor is and as a consequence they are tricked into paying an arm and a leg for something that is only worth an arm. I think that Syms said it best when they said that "An educated customer is out best customer." I think that this is just a bunch of uneducated customers bidding.

13. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I'm always VERY suspicious when the seller does not include photos of the top of the razor. But even if that razor was mint, it's not worth nearly that price.

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

ok, this is just my humble opinion but I am always suspicious of auctions on ebay. I tend to do my shopping on web stores rather than the auction sites. Prices tend to be lower.

15. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

what the #$#$# happend here ?

isnt that a normal Gillette President gold plated ? I would think if its an aristocrat gold plated it would have a barberpole handle like the silver aristocrats and have that one in Gold now there you have something worth this price ?

Whats going on ?

16. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

This guy has been buying razors left and right and the prices don't matter to him. I'm not sure what he's doing but he's got the money to do it with. If he's willing to pay... Good for the seller. I just can't figure anyone competing against him for prices that high.

Hmmmmmm...:confused:

17. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

If that ever happened Joanna, I would simply purchase a straight and never look back.