Arko Shave Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 1OldGI, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Kevin

Kevin Member

I got a single stick coming from amazon paid $1.14 for it......just couldn't buy 15 sticks without trying it first. YES I am :signs110

God Bless Fellas

2. soopercat

soopercat New Member

For those of you with hard water, it does the job like a champ never fails at all. Brings that lather every time.

Kind regards,

3. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Dang it!!!!

I just put an order in on a site before reading this thread. I had a stick of Arko in my cart and then decided to not risk it and removed it. Guess I'll have to make another order in the near future to make the shipping charges worth my while.

Might bite the bullet and order from Amazon but I already have about 10 soaps and creams. I guess you can never have enough. Glad my wife doesn't care what I do with my money :D

4. Rene

Rene Well-Known Member

WOW..........

That sounds like to woman of your dreams :happy088

You must love her, cherish her, be very, very gentile to her

5. rudyvey

rudyvey Member

Great tallow soap, just got 30 sticks delivered - I always include an Arko stick or cream with every brush I sell. I use it myself quite often!

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    A very underrated soap indeed. I can't decide what I enjoy most, the price, the scent, or the performance.

7. TonyO

TonyO New Member

OK dammit you guys are breaking down my (limited) self-control...

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Me, I enjoy the 3! :happy001

9. Hairy Alaskan

Apparently I spoke too soon. I got a new razor in the mail which she thinks is really nice but was shocked that I spent about 40 dollars on it.
    Though I can do whatever I want with my money that doesn't mean she isn't still judging me. ;)

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I used the Arko soap this morning--what a nice shave it was! :D

11. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

Just tried it today for the first time. Great lather! Interesting, um, fragrance--reminds me a little of lemon Mr. Clean or Ajax. But since those were the cleaning products of choice in my parent's home, it's not as objectionable as one might think. It makes me think clean.

Of course, I have to drill out of my mind that I'm not using all-purpose cleaner on my face, but we can work on that.:D

12. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Pinaud Lime Sec (initially at least) was the exact clone of lemon pledge. I didn't no weather I had just finished shaving or was dusting my Mom's furniture :D No worries though, I'm sure it will grow on you. Pinaud Lime Sec and yes, even Patchouli shaving soap have certainly grown on me.

13. Hairy Alaskan

Broke down and ordered a stick today with a few other goodies. Can't help myself.

14. Kevin

Kevin Member

:happy001:happy001:happy001:happy102:happy102

15. fishgutmartyr

fishgutmartyr Member

It really doesn't have to grow on me for a couple of reasons: I don't really mind the smell, it has positive memories attached to it (although not ones I usually associate with my face); and the scent of a soap runs a REALLY distant second to effectiveness of the lather--after all, the scent doesn't really stay with you for very long. Of course there are exceptions (skunk spray might be fantastic for building lather--but I'll never know. :D), but a good lathering soap's scent would have to be very nasty to put me off.

Honestly, if you buy it with other supplies to help offset shipping costs, it's a much better soap than VDH at around the same price.

16. Kevin

Kevin Member

Ok Got my lone stick of Arko and I had already shaved for the day but wanted to try the lathering out. Love this stuff and don't mind the scent, I read that if ya leave it out for a while the scent will dissipate.

So I will be buying a little hoard for myself. Little tip for anyone wanting to get a case...look on amazon for the single stick for $1.14 and buy your case that way. $17.10 for 15 sticks before shipping. It is a lot cheaper then 15 sticks for $19.99....everyone likes to save a little money.:)

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I see the 15 pack case listed for $19.99 with free shipping included, when I figured it out your way by adding 15 to the cart and adding shipping a shipping charge of $9.68 to my zip code, that brought the total up to $26.78.

I would save $6.79 by ordering the 15 pack case with the free shipping.

18. geneaut

geneaut Member

Is this the stick in the TSD store for $2 ?

19. w3wizard

w3wizard New Member

I have to try this, I'm usually not at my house and I have to deal with hard water at my apartment. Haven't tried shaving soaps yet so it will be a new experience. I take a hot shower, and keeping my face warm with hot water from the sink, I build my lather in a mug. I've been using Musgo Real and I like it, but with hard water I found the lather isn't as good for the amount of cream I have to use. Any changes in my prep recommended when using the shave stick?

20. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Yes.