Arko Shave Stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 1OldGI, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Mynorx

Mynorx New Member

easy fix

Hi, some one else mentioned this and I tried it. arko shave stick is malleable no need to heat it up or anything. just take pieces and press them hard inside a sample size deodorant container. on the last part if it does not wanna stick just wet the soap a little and press it. you can just mold it. this is how mine came out.
    hope you guys like it.

http://img249.imageshack.us/i/57450634.jpg/

http://img444.imageshack.us/i/21459930.jpg/

Hm I could not get my images to show. so here are the links

2. ferroburak

ferroburak New Member

If you can't find it I can pass you from Turkey. They're widely available and cheaper here.

3. sffone

sffone Member

Thanks for the tip, Mynorx, I tried it and it was easy and worked perfectly!

4. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Thanks to you enablers I added 2 Arko Sticks to my recent TSD order. Have tried it twice and concur that a little goes a long way, and it needs cleaned off thoroughly to prevent excessive drying. I liked Old GI's suggestion of a medicine bottle for a container too. Thanks all for the enabling.

5. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Opened my Arko medicine bottle just this morning in fact. It really is a super product for a very affordable price. It really is becoming my go-to soap. I also grated up a couple of my sticks so I could use it in the straight up soap format too. I suspect there's little or no difference between the two but the stick just grabs me. Palmolive shavesticks are fast becoming a favorite as well.

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Ditto, my "Go To" as well...I love using it in stick form best...as I rub the wet stick ATG on my whiskers the soap really goes were its needed, and helps lift the hairs also...then when I hit it with the wet brush and the whole thing explodes into that lather...lovin' it !!!

7. Stubbles

Stubbles New Member

It was thanks to 1OldGI's recommendations that I ordered one of these.

I have absolutely no regrets other than the fact I didn't order more.

8. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Another Arko discovery. Since trying my new Arko Stick this week I have discovered that preshave oil has become much less necessary. Arko's direct apply to the face preps quite sufficiently.

9. Jackliquor

Jackliquor New Member

For those in Montreal or who come to Montreal often -- (my apologies if it's already common knowledge) but Marché Istanbul (corner St. Laurent and the Highway 40 service road) has Arko aftershaves (several flavours), Arko shave creams (3 kinds I believe) and Arko sticks at 99 cents a stick. Unbelievable. and my friend who is really into wetshaving bought a box of 12 arko sticks for 9.99$ Canadian!!!! What a joke at these prices.
    Andy

PS -- I went to this place perhaps 3 years ago and they had some Arko body washes but since members of the Turkish community made some overtures the owner began to stock up.

10. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

So I am also loving the Arko sticks...

Special thanks to 1OLDGI for the hook-up of the Arko sticks. I had my first shave with the sticks just a few minutes ago and can totally see this becoming my go to soap! The lather just explodes from the face and brush. These sticks will be especially important in two weeks when I head to the condo down on Anna Maria Island for a week of R&R; all I will have to do is throw the stick in my bag and not need to worry about a mug breaking anywhere. Speaking of mug...I like my Redneck scuttle, but I can see myself becoming a face lather-er only...

So once again; Thanks to 1OLDGI for the PIF of the Arko!

11. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Nothing to it, brother. Glad you enjoyed it.

12. newb

newb Resident Newb

Wow, I just tried the arko and I must have got an old stick as there was hardly no scent. Just tons of moist lather. ;)