artisan bath bars

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Hersh, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Im looking int switching from shower gel to a more natural bath bar. What im wonderin about does one like stirling thats tallow based leave residue? Also wouldnt mind some suggestions would be cool too. Im not big on paying 9 bucks for a bar of soap. But also dont want bad quality

2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Stirling bath soaps are all I use now, and no, they don't leave any residue, just great skin conditioning. I have tried 5-6 different scents. I personally prefer the Scots Pine Sheep with the mutton tallow, but both are excellent. As always, YMMV.

[​IMG]

In the beef tallow, I really like the Coniferous.

[​IMG]

Norcalnewb, Chuck F and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Thanks I havent tried any stirling products yet but I keep readin the
    Shave soap leaves a residue so I was skeptical

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have my own Stirling soap that I use. Wife likes Dove. Ben Franklin is whats in my soap box. My only complaint is the corners, I like a round corner. In no time it softens ups. No residue, great skin care and great scent.

Norcalnewb, Omelmad and Bobcat like this.
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

The shave soap does not leave a residue either.......in my experience. I have been using the Stirling soaps for over a year now.

Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

I have no issues at all with Stirling Soap and residue. The best way to find out. Is to try a puck.

7. RaZorBurn123

:signs011: Bob we both posted about residue at the same time.

Bobcat likes this.
  8. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Hersh-I have a couple of Stirling Shave Soap samples around here. If you PM me your address, I will send you one to try.

9. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

there is a Spanish/ Latino( whatever politically correct) little grocery store near me. they have a whole array of different scented body soaps. they only cost fifty cents a bar.
    I guess what I'm saying is, shop around outside the Wal-Mart s of the world. no tellin what wewill find

GDCarrington and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I loved my Stirling Sharp Dressed Man soap. I'll get it again.

RaZorBurn123 and Omelmad like this.
  11. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Yep, this ^^^

If you've got a small ethnic market around, check out what they have. Sometimes you'll find some crazy stuff, especially at Indian or Asian markets. Check out Bee & Flower soaps if you can find them. I buy them at a regular grocery store here, but they're usually found in import type shops. A bar is about $1, and they come in Rose, Sandalwood, Jasmine and another one that escapes me right now. I'm a big fan of the Sandalwood.

Omelmad likes this.
  12. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I've just started using Stirling Sharp Dressed Man thanks to RaZorBurn123. It's all I'm going to use now.

13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

SDM is fantastic in bath soap but the shaving soap version was a bit of a disappointment to me scent-wise.
    But man that bath soap....heavenly...
    If it worked for Cary Grant it's good enough for me ;)

Dapper-in-a-can-man likes this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

It is a beautiful soap. Glad you are enjoying it.

15. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Bobcat generously sent me a sample of stirling north padre . The shave was great no residue and I like the aftershave feel more than some of my other tallow based soap l'm hooked thanks bobcat

Bobcat likes this.
  16. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I usually use non-artisan Dove soap but not today. I finally broke out this bar of Elephant Tree Soap I picked up in Cabo last March. The Elephant Tree has a long history of medicinal uses in Baja. The soap has a pleasant scent and lathered well. I wish the scent was little stronger. My skin felt a little dry but my skin felt pleasantly clean and fresh.

IMG_0783.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG IMG_0784.JPG

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Adonis likes this.
  17. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Check out snsoap.com - I have bought a couple from them. They have a lot of variety.

18. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Bodega? lol

BigMark and Boojum1 like this.
  19. Adonis

Adonis Well-Known Member

Ok looks like I need to do some bath soap shopping lol

20. Mikefoster75

Mikefoster75 New Member

I just got some black African soap, it is great stuff.

Boojum1 likes this.