Assured Safety Razor AND blades @ Dollar Tree for $1!!?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by tazorac, Jul 5, 2018.

1. tazorac

tazorac Member

I bought an Assured Safety Razor from Dollar Tree for 1 buck along with blades. I've had it for 2 weeks and haven't opened it. I'm honestly SCARED to even shave with it, but for a dollar I had to get it.

Before I break it out, has anybody used them? How did they shave?

[​IMG]

2. Enrico

Enrico Well-Known Member

Looks like a Weishi suppose to be decent.

No clue on tha blades.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The end tabs on the blades are minutely barbed. Beware.

4. tazorac

tazorac Member

I don't understand how a safety razor and blades can be only 1 dollar...the blades must be horrible.

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Slave labor, cheap materials, ...

Enrico likes this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I own one and use it on occasion. It's cheap. It FEELS cheap. That said, I've gotten some pretty great shaves with it. The blades aren't amazing, but I've used worse. I got an acceptable shave with them. With an Astra SP in the razor, I got really good shaves with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sammy1 likes this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have one (under a different label but the same) and was amazed at how well it shaved with the supplied blades. DFS with no problem. Now I use it with either Rainbow or Vikings Sword blades and it still works fine.

Is it cheap? Yup. How long will it last? Don't know but for $1.00 it's a bargain.

8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Mine wasn’t the smoothest, but worked fine. It rusted after a half dozen or so shaves.

Didn’t try the blades.

9. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

They shave fine, but far more aggressive the a weishi or superspeed. Blades arent that bad either, i got 3 decent shaves out of them. The razor does start to rust in a week or two.

10. SharptoothC

Oddly enough, mine hasn't rusted at all. It's been going for months. After reading this last night, I broke mine out and used it with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Green with great results.

wristwatchb likes this.
  11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I think the consensus was that the older Pacific razor was built slightly better (i.e., better materials) than the Assured one.

As for aggression, I suspect that part of it may be the threading on the T-bar. On my Pacific (never tried an Assured), I got an aggressive shave until I really payed attention to the closing of the doors and tightening of the knob. I suspect I ended up working a small bit of excess plating out of the end of the screw thread.

12. SharptoothC

In my opinion the Pacific was slightly better. It has sightly more heft and mine was aligned better than the Assured.