Astra Superior Platinum Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Tim Spencer, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I am liking this blade lately after multiple great shaves in a few of my razors. I had several packs from "free blades" with purchases over the last 4 years and I was just running out of the last blades when I decided to try them in a few other razors and got great results. So I decided to commit to buying a big order. I found a great deal on some at Amazon. $23.73 (after tax) for 300 blades. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P33OASW/?tag=thshde-20

2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Good deal.

Tim Spencer likes this.
  3. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Yeah, no kidding. that's like $7.91 per 100 pack. I figured if someone on this forum likes the Astra SP's they would appreciate me passing this on.

PLANofMAN and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

That is a good deal and a great blade. Enjoy!

(I hoarded about 1000 of them soon after they became available in the US and they were about $7/100 blades back then.)

PanChango and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome Tim..fine blades..great deal..one of the first blades i tried and still love them.excellent blade in my gillettes..:)

6. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

The day I used a Super Platinum is the day I never went back to any other blade! Its by far my favorite blade, lol I do use other on occasion but not often.

richgem and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I got a 100-count box a couple of years ago. Good buy and the blades are not only sharp, they're also forgiving on the face, and they last longer than the average blade (7-10 as opposed to 4-6).