Asylum RX SE razor.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Yes I'll put it trough its paces the moment it arrives and report.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  2. snuff

snuff Well-Known Member

I read the review by darkbulb just before receiving mine and I was somewhat worried if I spend a lot of money on something that I might not like, let's just say that I love mine a whole lot after using it for two weeks (just bought another one for a good friend). I've had the original cobra, king cobra, mongooses, att se1 to compare. Rx is imho the best of the lot. YMMV of course.

3. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

YMMV, DarkuBulb is a respected reviewer in several forums, but he test razors on his own his skin, not ours. His vast experience is a benefit to all of us. Now you know like me who I have strong stubble that if DarkBulb says it's mild, it's never going to shave me. If he says it's aggressive but smooth, then it's my razor.
    With all due respect.

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The razor has grown on me. I still prefer the KC as far as pure shaving result goes though. It'd be terrible if we were all of the same mind...we'd all buy the same razor :)

stogs189 and PickledNorthern like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Nice design. Out of my price range.

6. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Says the man sportin' the new ATT's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123, Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

You got me :) I'm not sure how many different SE's I need.. ATT SE1. AluimiunGoose. The Hawk. Colonial Razors the General.

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Looks like a 1930s Electrolux vac. Not that that's a bad thing. Nice styling.

clint64 likes this.
  9. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Talk about thread resurrection.....

The razor that never disappoints, the RX. Always works in 2 passes with the slightest of touch ups around the chin & Adam’s Apple area. Used a fresh Feather Pro and it was a no contest for the whiskers this morning. The RX is not for everyone and I understand that completely. It’s a supremely efficient razor with a healthy dose of blade feel that if one is careless, you’re going to potentially pay a price for that with some serious irritation, nics or even worse some skin removal. But, sound technique & NO PRESSURE really allows you to see and feel what this razor is capable of. It’s a Titan in not just the SE world but, in all of wet shavedom. Love the design, the feel and look of it. Superb, simply superb....

AADF5884-6E28-4794-888E-C23B26FE1CD2.jpeg

Edison Carter likes this.