30 Day Rule/Focus; August 2022

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Trigger, Aug 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Fine shave Joe. If you put your mind to it, then you may be done with it by my 70th birthday.

JACarbone and brit like this.
  2. Trigger

I had a great full body workout. I did supersets (5 sets per station) on the flies, reverse flies, cable row, lateral raises, incline chest press, and lats. Regular sets (3 sets per station) were on the leg curls, leg extensions, seated dips, one arm shoulder dumbell press and bicep curls. Total of 50 sets. Oh I forgot to add 5 min warmup on the rower. Why am I sharing this? I got to my car and had a flat. I had to drive it to the tire place nearby and explained that I didn't have my credit card with me so I will be back later. I had to walk to my house to get my card and then and back to the tire place. It turned out to be a 5.5 mile trek in the oppressive heat, contrary to what Joe C. thinks. Of course, I had lunch with chips (salt intake was necessary from sweating at the gym and the walk. On my way back to the tire place I was feeling it so I had to stop a few times along the way. Thank goodness there was a gas station where I bought a 20 oz diet Dr. Pepper and more chips. Finally, got to the tire place and had to wait 45 min before they placed the new tire on my car. It was a tough 3 hr window for me. I just got home and I am relaxing. Oh yes, I drank more water. Lol! Anyway, the amount of exercise that I did was way more than usual. I have to say that's pretty good for a 67 yr old man. Take care.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right now, I don't know what to do beyond snapping a picture(on my phone)of whatever it is I'll snap. My sister said she'd help. It won't be "practicing" it will be "playing around and seeing what happens".

JACarbone, Trigger and brit like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Gentleman's tobacco was too much for me, but I like the V.S. and look forward to trying the Lemon Chill.

5. brit

brit in a box

it's a pretty basic lemon scent.and cold..:)

JACarbone, Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Probably not unlike the "Frozen Lemon Ice" I just received and have been using(Wet The Face). But I've been happy with Stoylin frozen offerings so far.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  7. Trigger

We just want the best for you Paul. I bet you will realize that taking pics and downloading them here is not hard.

JACarbone, Paul Turner and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

you have electric sheep glacial right?

JACarbone, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Yes I do.....great one :).

10. brit

brit in a box

it will feel quite similar cold wise to the lemon chill glacial.

Trigger and Paul Turner like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I appreciate that Joe....and you may be right once I get going with it.

12. Paul Turner

Well, I get good practice on the Lemon&Cold persuasion with the Wet The Face.. I bet the Stoylin freeze will be like WTF on steroids.

13. Trigger

I am sure you will.

JACarbone, brit and Paul Turner like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, Paul Turner and Trigger like this.
  15. Trigger

Tomorrow ends my straight/shavette week.. I think my Parker Shavette will get the call. As far as the soap and brush, I am not sure. I may use Arko and try The Shave Den M Bomb with it. They say 3 drops is all you need. Mmm. I say 4 is what I need. Lol!

JACarbone and brit like this.
  16. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

13th August 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
    Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
    Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl
    Lather: OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.
    Blade : Feather Hi Stainless .(D1)
    Razor : Merkur 39C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.... Maiden shave pairing the Feather Hi Stainless with the Merkur 39C.

I intend to do a focus for the next few weeks with the Feather Hi Stainless after not adding them to my blade rotation for a while.

My first few shaving experiences with the Feather Hi Stainless where uncomfortable which was down to my lack of shaving experience technique & shaving confidence which had nothing to do with the blade itself.
    I have mentioned before that i was stupidly naive at the time in believing the daunting exaggerated mythological fearsome reputation reviews on them which planted a seed of hesitation in my mind before my first maiden shave with them... However my reacquaintance with them earlier this year has now vastly changed, i now find when i shave with them they are smooth and efficient, and are a pleasure to shave with. My only crit is the longevity of them, which for me is 2-3 shaves max before they lose their smoothness.

The Merkur 39c slant is such a wonderful solidly built smooth non-aggressive razor and like the 37C it's smaller handled sibling each time i have put it in my razor rotation i have had consistently good smooth shaves with it, today was no exception and Paired up with the Feather Hi stainless superbly feeling smooth & efficient.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  17. Trigger

Wonderful shave Barry. I never tried grapefruit scented soaps because I never liked the taste of the fruit itself. However, I see your soap has menthol which for me is a plus. I agree with your assessment of Feather blades. They are sharp and can cut you like any other sharp blade. I used them in my shavettes and did nick myself the first time using the blade, but I was fine shaving with them on subsequent shaves. Have a great afternoon.

brit, JACarbone and palmolive fox like this.
  18. Paul Turner

My reason for avoiding grapefruit scents is because consumed grapefruit is very dangerous to people with a history of epilepsy, like me. Course I wouldn't CONSUME grapefruit as it relates to a shave scent, but the smell alone could be a problem.

19. Paul Turner

I've had my Stoylin Frost Drops for so long that they come out like Niagra Falls now...no "drops".

brit, JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  20. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001: Joe....OSP grapefruit & menthol pair together wonderfully....I use it mainly for the menthol ,which i like...I'm not a fan of the yellow grapefruit myself, but the pink & red grapefruit i do like, as they are not acidic tasting, and much sweeter, especially the red variety. Enjoy your day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.