B&M Terror Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by feeltheburn, Aug 8, 2022.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I hit the bottom on a tub of B&M Terror this morning so I think I've been using it long enough to give a good review at this point, so here goes.

For anyone who doesn't already know, Terror uses a synthetic menthol that's really cold and lasts a long time. It's a pretty good soap for desert southwest summers.

I assumed this would be the new B&M formula but having used one of those soaps, it may not be. I know the last one I used was the new formula and I had to be careful not to overload it. Didn't have that problem with this one. I just loaded like I normally do until the brush seems full of lather and then finished building it on my face. The shaves have been excellent though. Always comfortable with great slickness and protection. Just like you expect from B&M.

There's not much of a scent. It just smells cold which might sound weird but that's the best description I can come up with for it. If you like a nice complex scent to go with your shave though, this isn't it.

What most people probably want to know about this I guess is how cold is it? Well I was a bit surprised that it wasn't exactly the face freezer I expected. It was noticeable but not uncomfortable at all. It was longer lasting than most menthol soaps I've tried though which was nice. Overall, I'd recommend this soap if you like a good cool shave. Nothing to be scared of here IMO.

The piece of advice I have for you is to skip the after shave or balm. Just get the soap. The after shave splash and balm are a completely different thing. Put them on after your shave and be ready for 8-12 hours of cooling. If you touch your face at any point in the next 12 hours and then touch a sensitive spot like around your eyes, or..well use the restroom and touch anything with that hand with even a trace amount of the stuff on it, be ready for more than slight discomfort. So skip the after shave products and stick with the soap if you're like me and like the cooling feeling to go away in a reasonable amount of time and not require you to constantly think about not touching any sensitive spots.

trueblu8, brit and PLANofMAN like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I like B&M soaps. I hate menthol. I barely tolerate mint. Sounds like a soap I will pass on, and splashes I won't even consider.

I heard everything had been switched over to the new formula, too. Did you get it though B&M, Maggards, or another vendor?

feeltheburn and brit like this.
  3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I got it from B&M so pretty sure it's the new formula. It just didn't load exactly like another one of the new formula I've used.

PLANofMAN and brit like this.
  4. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Good review. Matches my experience exactly. I had to vigorously wash the splash off my face because it was burning like fire. Really should be illegal.

Soap is nice, though :)