Back from parts unknown

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by JBSharp, Oct 24, 2014.

1. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

Morning, everyone. I've been off of here for a while but I'm poking my head back in. I'll be lurking a lot and posting a little, as usual. I also hope to get a small PIF or two together soon.

Long version: I was off serving 3 1/2 months in federal prison for a work-related felony. I knew it was wrong but didn't know it was illegal (a ridiculous distinction) and let myself make bad decisions without asking questions I should have. My family, friends, and church family have been incredibly supportive and it's been a good opportunity for me to re-prioritize things in my life, understand what in my character let this happen, and learn some other lessons I didn't know I needed. I knowingly committed the crime and deserved the consequences. I hope I spent the time well and can remember the first thing I learned in this experience, which is that we should be deliberate about how we spend every moment, not only the ones marked as "special" by us.

In other good news, I'll be posting a recent, first-hand account of shaving in prison, a subject which seems to be of recurrent interest. I enjoy this community, inconstant contributor that I am, and am excited to take part again.

TL;DR It's good to be back. :)

EDIT: Perfectly willing to answer any and all questions and enter into any discussions with curious minds!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    All that's legal is not moral; all that's moral is not legal. Welcome back to the world. I look forward to reading your posts.
    welcome.jpg

3. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

All of us have made mistakes. Believe me I have made my share. Welcome back, look forward to your posts.

4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Welcome back, Joey! As Jim said, we look forward to reading your posts and contributions!
    :signs046:

GDCarrington and JBSharp like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome back!

6. JBSharp

JBSharp Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the warm return. I expected nothing less.

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Welcome Joey. Good to have you back.

8. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

welcome back

JBSharp and GDCarrington like this.
  9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

The worst crime is not learning from the first one. I am fortunate enough to have learned that some of the choices I made as a young man were not the best before they landed me in jail. I guess it's true that God watches over children and idiots.;)

Tattoobob, GDCarrington and JBSharp like this.
  10. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Nobody's perfect. We all learn as we go through this adventure called life. Look forward to your posts:eatdrink047:

wristwatchb, GDCarrington and JBSharp like this.
  11. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Joey, welcome back! I am glad that you are moving on from the past to a better future. I look forward to seeing you around the den again!

JBSharp likes this.
  12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

No stones thrown here in this glass house.

JBSharp, GDCarrington and Bristle Me like this.
  13. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Amen and +1

Welcome back Joey!

I too am looking forward to your outlook & opinions on all things shaving!

14. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Just as Yeshua said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" . Welcome back brother and may GOD keep you. ;)

GDCarrington, Bristle Me and JBSharp like this.
  15. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Welcome back.

16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hello Joey!

I am relatively new to The Shave Den, so this is the first time that we that have crossed paths. I admire how you have learned from a bad situation and are willing to share what you've learned -- so others can benefit!

We've ALL made plenty of mistakes, Brother. Welcome back!

17. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Howdy Sir!

18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Hi Joey! Glad you're back!
    I'm impressed by the way you took your lesson and are willing to share it with others.
    Good going, bro!

JBSharp likes this.