Back of the thigh

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Sara-s, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This is always hard, because I can't see it. The most troublesome area is just above the knee. I miss much more than I would like (shaving with a DE). Any suggestions for doing a better job there? Thanks.

2. johnus

johnus Well-Known Member

Have someone help(;-).

3. Shawna

Shawna 1000 Music Tag Bonus Points Awarded!

I have found what works best for above the knee is to stretch the skin, I would shave over the area and then still feel a little stubble. I read where some of the guys were stretching skin on their face and I thought, "If it works for them it has to work for me"!

As for the back of my thighs, I actually go across the grain, I get a closer shave and it makes me feel more comfortable since I can't see back there either.

Hope this helps and good luck!

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks. I will give it a try.

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I tried XTG on my thighs today. Seems to be easier, so I think I miss less. Thanks for the help!

6. a_bit_crafty

a_bit_crafty New Member

I have no idea which way my grain goes on the back. I think sideways. I first go against the grain (that would be sideways) and then do another pass going up.

7. Barber Eile

Barber Eile Member

I find the easiest way is to stand on one leg in the shower (or you could squat) and go from one side to the other (XTG in my case) instead of up or down. my arms don't reach behind and that far down so I have to lift my leg up for there. not a huge lift but just to raise my knee up a little and reach about the side of my thigh instead of down my leg.