Barbasol Pacific Rush AS is no longer produced

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by sdguero, Sep 5, 2017.

1. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

For months, I've been watching out for Pacific Rush AS at DG's throughout the my region and never came across it. I've read recent posts that people are buying it in recent months, there was speculation from some that it was discontinued and others were certain it was discontinued. Well, I just had to find out and checked the Barbasol website the other day. The Brisk AS was there but no mention of the PR AS. I wrote an email asking about the PR AS and this is the response I got today:

"Dear Dan,

Thank you so much for contacting us. Unfortunately, we no longer produce Barbasol Pacific Rush After Shave; however, our Barbasol Brisk After Shave is available at Dollar General and Dollar Tree stores. Availability may vary by location.

We apologize for any inconvenience and encourage you to visit www.Barbasol.com for a full list of Barbasol products. Again, thank you for reaching out to us here at Barbasol. We sincerely hope this information is helpful!

Have a great day,

Sean F.
    Consumer Response Team"

So for those who did not know, or were uncertain if PR AS was discontinued.... here's the answer. Let the HOARDING begin!

Dan

RyX and PLAla like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thanks for the info. That's too bad. I enjoy Pacific Rush. I have a bottle that's 3/4 to 2/3 full. Just got two bottles of Brisk recently.

RyX and sdguero like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Guess I better get some soon before their stock is gone.

sdguero likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Thanks for the research and heads up Dan.
    My experience with AS in plastic bottles suggests decanting into glass for long term storage. As a wine brewer, I already have a couple. Here's a place to start shopping for yours.

sdguero likes this.
  5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Artisan soaps and cheap aftershaves. I love it. I never got to try it. I wanted to but never saw it in my neck o' the woods. I'm actually interested in any mentholated aftershaves without glycerin.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    PLAla and sdguero like this.
  6. Masonjarjar

Masonjarjar Active Member

Try Big Lots. I cleaned a store out of their last 3 bottles about a month ago. When I empty an Avon bottle, I'll probably use the PR to fill it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    PLAla, RyX and sdguero like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It'd be kinda nice if Brisk replaced Pacific in drug stores/supermarkets.

Masonjarjar and sdguero like this.
  8. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Write to Barbasol and suggest it. They have a contact link on their website. They were quick to respond to me.

http://www.barbasol.com/contact.html

RyX likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

ok thanks

10. Masonjarjar

I think in most cases they were sold side-by-side. Now it's just Brisk. Barbasol used to also have a Musk aftershave splash and I still kick myself that I didn't snag some of that while it was available. It's probably been gone 5 or 6 years now.

116244.gif

11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I had a bottle of Pacific Rush and Pifed it because at the time it was too mentholated for me. Now I'm starting to appreciate mentholated products and would like to have another bottle LOL

sdguero, RyX and PLAla like this.
  12. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Hmmm.Check big lots there was also a PR balm that I would mix with the a/s.Big Lots is the only place I have seen the balm.

also for the member who mentioned the musk.It was a fine product scent wasn't too loud or too sweet had a "warm" vibe to it..I have a bottle in the cabinet that gets used now and then.

13. Masonjarjar

Funny how perspective on things change when they're not available. Several years ago Dollar Tree was clearing out bottles of Skin Bracer Cooling Blue. Silly me only bought 2. I should have bought a dozen, because they had a whole shelf full. However, my wife at the time may not have approved of that much A/S in the bathroom! lol (it's a great scent though!)

14. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:( Damn I guess I'll have to start hunting for it in my area, although I'm pretty sure I'm too late.:)

15. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

16. Paul Turner

Well, at least they told you to have a great day.