Barbasol Pacific Rush Possibly Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by LaSalle82, Mar 2, 2016.

1. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I was at a Dollar General today and noticed that there was no location for the Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave (there was a place for the Brisk). Anyway, since there was another DG on my way back to the office I decided to stop and they had no location for it either. Has anyone heard if this has been discontinued either by DG or Barbasol? Very alarming to me as I love it's menthol blast and amazing price of $1.75. Luckily I have 2 full bottles which should last me about a year................

crackstar and Herm2502 like this.
  2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

It's still listed on their website. The "dollar stores" are fickle with merch.

LaSalle82 likes this.
  3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I personally could do without the pr, but the brisk is my favorite as, period.

LaSalle82 and GatorJoe like this.
  4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I wish that they would have exported it to Canada. I would have been happy to buy some.

LaSalle82 and Paul Turner like this.
  5. jstolp

jstolp Active Member

They still have it at my local grocery store.

LaSalle82 likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If I suspected it might be discontinued, I'd ask them to make me a deal on a case before it vanishes.

LaSalle82 likes this.
  7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

OMG! I was at Dollar General and, you're right, the Pacific Rush was gone! Oh man, that's my favorite AS!

LaSalle82 likes this.
  8. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I emailed Barbasol about this. They never directly answered my question about it being discontinued, but they said you could still buy it by the case directly from them.

LaSalle82 likes this.
  9. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I managed to find 3 bottles at dollar general. I was about to give up because every store I checked didn't have it in stock. Got 3 bottles for $4 since it was on sale, should be enough to last a lifetime with the rotation.

LaSalle82 and Spyder like this.
  10. jstolp

jstolp Active Member

I received this email from Barbasol:

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Barbasol! Barbasol Pacific Rush After Shave will no longer be available at Dollar General stores; however, Pacific Rush After Shave is currently sold at Dollar Tree stores. Availability may vary by location.

Barbasol After Shave can also be purchased by the case directly from our office. Each case contains 6 bottles and will cost $13.50/case, plus $12.00 shipping and handling. If you would like to do this, please contact Tracy Adkins at 614-339-1294. All orders must be prepaid by credit card (Visa, Mastercard or Discover).

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us, and we hope you continue to enjoy our products.

RaZorBurn123 and LaSalle82 like this.
  11. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

That brings the price up to $4.25 per bottle. I paid less than $2 for my last bottle.

Herm2502 likes this.
  12. jstolp

jstolp Active Member

True. Only worth it if you really like it and can't get it nearby.

Spyder likes this.
  13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

It will just be $1 if you have it at your local Dollar Tree. I need to go and see if it is at my Dollar Tree down the street! I smelled it once at Dollar General and liked it.

LaSalle82 and Spyder like this.
  14. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I have a bottle, it's a steal at the lower price. I just hope that the Brisk doesn't follow suit. Maybe I need to be proactive and stock up?

LaSalle82 likes this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Dollar Tree has never had it near me. All they have is that weakly rancid Chinese blue and green stuff. The only thing similar is the mom and pop dollar store that has the Men's Choice line from Phoenix/Blue Cross Labs, which Dollar Tree should carry (though the stuff is worth more than a buck for sure).

I wonder if Barbasol wanted a price increase that Dollar General felt couldn't be justified, so they parted company.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    LaSalle82, Paul Turner and Spyder like this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My local DG has only the Brisk.

LaSalle82 likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

as I recall from using it, it isn't as cold as what exists in your Igloo.

crackstar likes this.
  18. Bryce23

Bryce23 Member

Checked 3 dollar generals in my area today they only had Brisk!!!!! So the hunt for PR continues!

LaSalle82 likes this.
  19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Check Dollar Trees in your area too.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

it's down the street from you? That settles it-I'm envious.