Barbe Bleue Safety Razor?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Robyflexx, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Hey guys I was searching the internet for possibly a newer make DE and found a Barbe Bleue? Does anyone have any info on these? They have a super cool satin black look. I posted the pic below. Thx :)

[​IMG]

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Can't help you with that, but they have another design which has been extensively reviewed, and which I added an inclusion to my shavette article. Here's the excerpt:

It seems I must add an update to this article. A new razor has come to my attention, and this one is neither "fish nor flesh, nor good red herring."

It turns out that many members of the Badger & Blade forum had Grandfathers who shaved without base plates or cut the safety bars off of their DE razors. A razor is currently made in India which has the improbable name of the "Barbe Bleue BB Model X doubled-edge straight." This razor traces it's lineage back to those brave men (because women aren't that stupid). :p

This razor has a very long handle and no safety guard. It was dubbed the "Devette."
    [​IMG]
    The shave has been described as like shaving without training wheels. Make of that what you will. There is a long thread about it here.
    No guard DE
    Gytis had this to say about devett shaving. Please read with the understanding that English is his third language.

youngunn and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

I read the reviews on the gardless one but I have seen two to three of their 3 piece de razors now but can't find any information on them at all. I wonder if I need to take one for the team and try one. :signs002:

Spyder likes this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Since you're volunteering........

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I take that back. I read the reviews on Amazon for this razor. Not all that good. Let someone else take one for the team;)

Robyflexx likes this.
  6. Robyflexx

Thank you Spyder for that information, I owe you one. :happy088: