Barbershop Shave Stuff in Dallas

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jramire2, Jun 29, 2007.

1. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Just found the best barbershop in Dallas (According the the Dallas Morning News).

I actually just went there yesterday for a haircut for the first time. VERY nice experience.

Great haircut.

They shave your neck w/hot lather, my barber used a mach 3 but the other guy used a straight. They also use put on some kind of aftershave on your neck after that smelled and felt good, use some kind of weird massager on your shoulders for a bit afterward, AND they give you a hot towel to rub on your face to get all the little hairs off your face. Worth the $18 I paid.

They sell lucky tiger products, looked like they had every aftershave/hair tonic that lucky tiger sells, plus some of the little glass bottles from the other line of lucky tiger stuff (the line sold at Nordstroms).

AND they had shaving soap (I didn't see it so I don't know what brand) for $3 a puck. AND they had some pretty good looking badger brushes. The handles looked almost exactly like my Rooney Style 3. They're 22mm knots and have pure for $45 and silvertip for $65, and I'd probably say they'd be about the same size as a Rooney Medium(I'm comparing to my Rooney small).

They also do shaves, with a straight for $24. Or for $30 you can bring in your own straight and they'll show you how to take care of it and shave with it. Pretty good source for people around the Dallas area. I know I'll be going back, maybe a Saturday morning ritual - shave and a haircut.

2. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

THANKS, this looks like a pretty cool place. A bit modern from the old fashioned barbershops. but the modernization deals mostly with the sanitation side of thins. which is good.

3. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Another reason to go to Texas beside the barbecue! :D

4. herzi

herzi Active Member

Perhaps there is a barbercue :rofl :rofl ::

5. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

now thats funny.
    There is bound to be one within walking distance.::

6. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

My inlaws live in Frisco so I'm up there to visit pretty regularly. Looks like I may have just found a new place to go hide at!