Bath Soap

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Issy, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Just a quick question, how woud you all feel about a 80-90% Olive oil soap, still un scented, no coloring...just some other oil like coconut, babussu, etc. to kick up the lather.

Issy

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I like lather thats for sure. I notice that with alot of the handmade soaps..there isnt a tremendous amount of bubbles. I noticed that even with yours that i wasnt getting bubbles the way i do with a Dial or what not. Just figured the bubbles were from fillers....and not the real soap coming through.

3. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

On a side note....Issy..have you ever thought of like a sampler pack....maybe cutting slivers off of your other soaps. I know when i place the order we were talking about, i have a few soaps that i would LOVE to try...like the Guiness and a few others without buying the full bar at first.

4. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

The bubbles from Dial are frod detergents..lol. With homemade soap its a fine line between bubbles and conditioning, but I work on new recipes all the time, I dont want to loose the conditioning.
    Issy

5. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

As I build up stock I may sell 1/2 bars but it takes time

Issy

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Sounds like a good idea :happy088

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Thats exactly what i figured. Thats why i never complain. So often...what we are use to is because of un necessary things.

8. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

This will give read this

Ingredients in Dove!

Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (sodium salt of the coconut fatty acid ester =
    isethionic acid)
    Stearic Acid
    Sodium Tallowate: (cow fat made soap).
    Water
    Sodium Isethionate. (see sodium hydroxide (lye)
    Coconut Acid
    Sodium Stearate. ( 92.82 stearic acid.)
    Cocamidopropyl Betain. (made from coconut oil and beets, used in makeup remover, may cause eyelid rash.)
    Sodium Cocoate or Sodium Palm Kernelate (soap from coconut or palm kernel)
    Fragrance
    Sodium Chloride (table salt)
    Titanium Dioxide. (pigment)
    Tetrasodium EDTA . (sodium edetate. powdered sodium salt that reacts
    with metals. a sequesterin ingredient and chelating ingredient used in cosmetic solutions. chelating means a compound that binds and precipitates/removes trace metals)
    Trisodium Etidronate

*BHT. (preservative and antioxidant.prohibited inEngland in foods.can cause allergic reactions).
    Sodium Dodecylbenzene sulfonate. (widely used anionic detergent used in cosmetic bath products and creams. may irritate skin. an anion is a negatively charged ion that is "surface active")

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

But Dove wont corrode a rose thats placed in its water.......

Ivory......well damn....its so pure it floats on water :p

10. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

I wish I had a clue what that list meant when it comes to Dove, since that is what I am currently using... :confused: All I know for sure is that it is very gentle, which is what I need for my skin.

I need to read up more on my soap I guess.. :rofl

11. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Ivory is just wipped full of air bubbles..lol

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

This list looks a lot like the "high-end" english shaving soaps.....give and take a few ingredients here and there

13. Issy

Issy TheMadSoaper

Gimme time....working on one that you can read and know whats in it without looking it up..lol

Issy

14. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I know that this is a bit off the subject, but I would like share some of my shave knowledge here. Never attempt to replace your shave soap with the type of soap that you are talking of here. Does not work so well. I once whent on a cruse and left my shave soap at home and attempted to use hand soap as an alternative. Not a good idea.

15. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

JB:
    Ill give you that, but
    I have shaved with shampoo before and it wasnt 1/2 bad.
    Worked in a pinch ;)

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

:sihns011

17. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I do OK with your lather as is but if you want to, I'd vote for Babassu Oil.