Bay Rum

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by BigMark, May 25, 2015.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I know Bay Rum scents vary by maker. However with that being said, I am looking to try out a good mildly scented BR shave soap with good glide and cushion. Any recommendations. I was looking at the BnM BR.

2. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Have not tried barrister and Mann bay rum. SRD India Bay is nice. Who's the Man is nice. TSD is nice.

BigMark likes this.
  3. TheDude82

TheDude82 Well-Known Member

My first was HTGAM, now PAA. I really liked the scent and performance of the soap. I have bought multiple other soaps from him. Despite his business ethics, he does make good soap. Soap Commander is an amazing soap but the Bay Rum is quite sweet. While I do live the scent I don't really get bay rum (as I am used to) out of it.

Other wise I have heard good things about Captains Choice soap (his AS if fantastic!).

4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

Captains Choice is really good stuff as is Stirling brand. I think you can get a matching aftershave with either so that's a bonus if you like to match scents.

Chuck F likes this.
  5. InspiringK

InspiringK Well-Known Member

I've had many Bay Rums and enjoy the bay rum scent. That Barrister and Mann soap that you are considering may be not only the best Bay Rum I've ever used, but would get really really close to being called the best soap I've ever used too. I highly recommend it.

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I think Ogallala soaps have a great kind of sweet bay rum scent. Taconic bay rum is a lighter cinnamon clove type.

7. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

I have PAA and Mystic Water Bay Rum's and the scent is fantastic on both with PAA having a more clovey type of scent. PAA is easier for me to get a good lather going but post Shave is great with both soaps.

8. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

9. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

Krampert's Finest Bay Rum Acadian Spice Shaving Soap is the best out of others such as Conk, MW, Ogallala, B&M I have tried. Amazing lather..great scent.

Tdmsu likes this.
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

+1 for Krampert's. I like it better than CC and PAA, and the matching aftershave is excellent as well.

Redrock likes this.
  11. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I am hooked on the Pinuad Bay Rum AS. Guess I should try others but I am a satisfied customer so why get more?:happy093:

Tdmsu likes this.
  12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I've not found a BR soap that matches the rich spiciness of a good bay rum aftershave. Most seem 'powdery' to my nose.

Regarding favorite bay rums aftershaves, I'm partial to the one I used this morning…. ;):D
    [​IMG]

Dubs, TheDude82 and Tdmsu like this.
  13. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I've tried 5 so far. I would place them in two general categories. Mild clove scent and heavy apple cider scent. I prefer the former. For that reason, I was not fond of the Taconic or the Stirling. My favorite so far is probably The Beer Soap Brewing Company.

14. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Mike's and Mystic Water both are wonderful, albeit different Bay Rum soaps. They also will provide you with the best post shave feel you can get.

15. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Mystic waters is light on the clove scent. I really enjoy the scent.

Tdmsu likes this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Co. Conk Bay Rum is the best I've tried. Actually, it is the only one I have tried. I have had it about three years now. It is up in rotation tomorrow.

Mike Brown likes this.
  17. Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers Well-Known Member

I have several bay rums that I have used or still use. SCS bay rum and stirling r more on the cinnamon side to my nose. Very good scent but if u have skin allergies might now b the best for u. Barrister and Mann is a fantastic take on the bay rum scent. One of my favorites for sure. Plus the quality of the soap is top notch. Lastly is captains choice new line. I was in on the test group and it blew me away. So much I bought it asap when it was released. The ease of lathering and protection to me is on par with many of the heavy hitters in the game right now. As for aftershaves captains choice is a great choice (whether it b bay rum, lime or if u want some bite cat o 9 tails). Stirling bay rum aftershave to me smells a lot like the captains. Stirling also has a bay rum with lime scent tho I have yet to try it. Lastly if u can get ur hands on it the derby city chop shop small batch is amazing as well. Happy hunting!