Beauty Or Beast?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I went after this mainly to get the case for a Sheraton I already own, but I also could not resist the opportunity to try and ressurect a highly neglected razor. Hopefully, there will be some nice, shiny gold under all that tarnish and soap scum. I will post before and after pics once I get it.

CLICK ME

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

The case looks really nice, I think it has hope! I am excited to see it post-cleaning!

3. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I differ with Rod here. I have gold razor and the gold plate is so thin that after so much use it turns orange and or leaves.

You should try some scrubbing bubbles on it a warm soft toothbrush. Also check it with a good jewelers loop to see if the acrylic clear coat is still intact.

The clear coat on mine is wearing off so I have removed it from active rotation until I can get it replated.:eek:

Personally I do not see any hope for the gold to come back, but I would love to see the results of your efforts.:cool:

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

You may be right Wedge, but this is definitely a win-win situation for me. Heck, I would have paid $20 just for the case, the razor is icing on the cake. But I am still a hopeless optimist, since I have bought some hellacious looking razors in the past that turned out to be real gems after cleaning.