Been tied up, free now

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Leisureguy, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I've been away for a while, finishing up a cooking compendium and a (free) Excel workbook to help build a budget. But I'm back.

One thing about my shaving that's been a recent surprise: the changing "favorite brush". For quite a while the Simpsons Emperor 3 Super was my favorite, but then I went for smaller brushes: the Emperor 2 Super and the Rooney size 1 lot (including Style 2, which comes only in size 1).

But now recently, I'm somehow liking the Emperor 3 again---a lot. This morning I used it with Truefitt & Hill shaving soap and got a fantastic lather. And I'm liking the largish size.

Strange---it's like how my cat's favorite place to nap changes over time.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome back, Michael!

3. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Welcome back!

That cooking guide certainly looks like an interesting project, you don't see many overview guides these days for those not in the know. For people in the know though it is always interesting to see what someone else thinks.

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Michael! Good to see you around again!! Welcome back!

5. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

Good to be back. I should also mention, on the topic of changing favorites, that I seem to keep picking up one of the Edwin Jagger razors these days, so they seem also to be new (current) favorites. I have two ivory handles (Chatsworth and Georgian) and a lined Chatsworth. Although they use the Merkur Classic head, I somehow like the whole package...

6. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Great to see you around Michael, always good to know what ya been up to.

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Good to see you Michael, hope you've been enjoying the shaves :D

Congratulations on the new books :happy088

8. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Welcome back Michael. Nice to have you posting again.

9. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Michael,

WELCOME BACK... And since you are back, I have a question. I bought a travel brush that appears to be stainless steel. The top screws into the bottom encasing it for travel. I'm not planning on using it but was wondering if you have ever used your Ultrasonic Cleaner to clean a brush. I have a 60 watt one I use on razors but I wasn't sure if I should try it on a brush. What do you think?:confused:

10. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Jeff has used his Ultrasonic to clean brushes....just dont go past the knot if i remember correctly