Beer Chips

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by soulshine, Apr 22, 2008.

1. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

Let me start off by mentioning 99% of the time I am a very healthy eater - I am by no means a junk food fanatic. I might add that I do not really enjoy potato chips and when I do eat them, it is usually Baked Lays.

The other day while wandering through Whole Foods there was a display of "Beer Chips" that I would have normally walked by but the store had a sample of these available so I stopped to give one a try. HOLY MOLY - these things are great...I could sit and crank down a whole bag of these! I don't know what they put in these things but they are basically kettle chips cooked in beer and from what I read on the bag, there is no alcohol in them at all. Kudos to the person who thought of making these.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

I am their!

Thanks for the taste test.

3. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

They should pay me for that advertisement!

4. iron maiden

iron maiden New Member

I was at Whole Foods the other day and got a bag of the Kettle brand Cheddar Beer chips....woohoo!

What brand were they?

5. soulshine

soulshine Flower Power

I have one bag down and I may refrain from going back up to Whole Foods this weekend. My only saving grace is my daughter helped me with the bag over 2 days.

Cheddar & beer you say? Hmmmmm...that sounds mighty tasty too.

beer_chips_black_large.jpg

6. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Interesting. Ever try Terra chips? Theyre made out of crazy starchy vegetables like the potatos, but taste a million times better because they have more starch and are a little bit sweeter. Delicious.

7. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Gibble's Red Hot potato chips-they burn real good but are oh so tasty!

marty

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I'd forgotten all about those. I used to buy them all the time when I lived in richmond, but now that i'm in southern virginia, they're nowhere to be found.

9. Will

Will Nevermind

If I can find them, I will send them.

I used to eat them too when I was in PA.

10. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Never seen anything like them up here. Kettle chips sure are yummy though... :drool

11. Scruffy1

Scruffy1 New Member

mmmmmmmmmm............ beer :drool:

12. Aquanin

Aquanin New Member

I have to concur, these chips are AWESOME!!! I have 2 bags at home now. They taste like beer and sugar. Hard to explain but they are incredible.