BEER! question?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Will, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

How do you take it, warm or cold?

Me, Pilsener and Lagers are cold

Ale and Porter warm.

Am I a weirdo or what?

2. Htownmmm

Htownmmm Member

Cold and Just(just whenever I can get my hands on one!) :p

Marty

3. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

define warm, doc.

If you mean something like "cellar temperature", say around 60-65 degrees, I would agree...

However, if you are going any higher in temperature, I might classify you as "unusual". Weirdo is way to judgmental! To each his own!

I usually bring out my ales before I drink them, lagers go from fridge to belly without any time in between. ;)

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Room Temp.

Not Saki warm :rofl

BTW That is the same thing that happens too my lagers..........odd :D ::

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  5. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Ice cold Bud.

Paul

ARGH and cubancigar2000 like this.
  6. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

The reason why Budweiser encourages you to drink its beer ice cold is so you can't taste it. The colder something is the less you can taste. It can be instructive to take a good beer out of the fridge and drink it little by little as it warms. You'll find different flavors come out at different temperatures.

FatherofSquirrel and Boojum1 like this.
  7. _JP_

_JP_ Searching for a Forum title

Budweiser advertising is based in part on the taste of their product. That product is designed to taste best when cold, which is how most of the American public prefers to drink beer (and other carbonated beverages). But there is a growing segment of that population that is learning about other beers and how to appreciate them.

Boojum1 likes this.
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Guiness at cellar temp anything else is uncivilized:D

Raf

9. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Party beer = cold

homebrew beer = warmer

10. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I drink none of the 'Budweiser' type beers, I honestly just don't like them, but a good pale ale or stout makes me a very happy woman... and I always drink them at room temp.. they don't taste as good when they are cold..

FatherofSquirrel likes this.
  11. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Me too.
    Not "warm" tho. Warm to me is 75-80 deg.
    My outside fridge is where I store beer and wine.
    Set to somewhere around 50 Deg. After I open one in a few minutes it's just aboot right for me.

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Cellar temp unless it's an American mega-company beer. Then it's cold, cold, cold please.

13. ada8356

ada8356 Member

Always cold... I'm not in it for the taste so much anyway.;)

14. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I don't know, but I just don't like those beers from the big companies (Budweiser, Beck's and the likes). I enjoy the products from many small, local (or national) breweries that offer superb quality and distinctive tastes and not those tasteless, chemically infested party-brews.
    I'm kinda lucky to live in a country where beer is associated with a whole culture of brewing and many, many different breweries. We also get many great German (Bavarian) and Czech beers here, we're actually in beer-paradise, quality-wise. ::

I'll drink a Baumgartner to that :eatdrink047

Oh, about temperature: cellar-cold it shall be.

15. Lynchmeister

Lynchmeister New Member

I like all of my beer colder rather than warmer, but as so duly noted above, those are pretty subjective terms. For lagers, I like them cold and straight from the fridge. For ales, which I'm just beginning to re-accquaint myself with, I like to go from the fridge and into a pint glass for a minute or two (I liken it to resting a steak, lol) before I enjoy it.

Last night I tried a Goose Island Honker's Ale, which was not bad at all!

16. peacefrog

peacefrog Jet Setter

Ah, Goose Island! That brings back fond memories of my Chicago days. I haven't been there in years, but they made some ungodly good beers there.

17. Lynchmeister

Lynchmeister New Member

+1 The Honkers was definately good, so now I'll have to try their nut brown ale. ::

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Ice cold Tecate. Hard to beat

19. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Cold. Ice cold and just above freezing

20. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member