Beginner wet shaver and collector from Ontario Canada

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Jake Gibson, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jake Gibson

Jake Gibson Well-Known Member

Happy Saturday everyone! Let me introduce myself, my name is Jake and I'm a 34 year old factory worker from a small town in Southern Ontario Canada. I'm the proud father of an 11 month beautiful girl who is mine and my wife's first. Being new parents we quickly learned that we both need something to focus on that is just for ourselves, well my wife has her plants and gardening and such. I recently discovered wet shaving and how incredibly relaxing it can be! Naturally I dove head first into the experience so along with wet shaving I've also started collecting vintage Gillette safety razors. So keep an eye out for me in the different forums for collecting and trading and if you have any advice on what products I just have to try please don't hesitate to message me I'm always up for a wet shaving conversation! I guess I should mention I'm currently using a Rockwell R1 razor with the Rockwell blades, the Proraso eucalyptus and menthol pre-shave, Proraso sensitive shave soap with a Hawkins & Brimble brush and to finish off my shave Bulldog Original Moisturizer. I look forward to chatting with everyone!

2. brit

brit in a box

hello Jake.hello and welcome from B.C. fello vintage gillette enthusiast..

Jake Gibson likes this.
  3. Jake Gibson

Hello Brit and thank you for the welcome I appreciate it! It's nice to meet not only a fellow Canadian but also Gillette enthusiast, have you been collecting long?

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

around 3 1/2 years..i collect mostly british gillettes.but have a few others as well.check out the "vintage gillette shave" and "gillette finest" threads under the safety razors section.honestly .there is tons of cool info of all types here in this forum.the folks are awesome here as well. cool place to hang out if your interested..https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/april-2020-30-day-rule-focus-pix-and-discussion.63973/

Jake Gibson likes this.
  5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Jake Gibson and brit like this.
  6. Jake Gibson

Awesome thanks I'll definitely check out these forums I'm sure I can learn a lot from everyone there

brit likes this.
  7. Jake Gibson

Thank you very much! Glad to be here. I actually just finished reading your fireside chat I believe it was called and it was excellent, very well done.

Primotenore and brit like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :love055:

brit likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

brit likes this.
  10. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome. Glad you are here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Jake, welcome to The Shave Den! Glad to have you here with us!

Please consider checking out the 30 Day Rule/Focus forum. It's a great place to get started. The party never stops. Just jump in and hang on. :)

Terry and brit like this.
  12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

:signs046:

brit likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    hightheir2.gif
    High Their, @Jake Gibson , it is nice to have another wet shaver from Canadia.
    zwelcome1a.jpg

brit likes this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @Jake Gibson from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD.

:eatdrink047:

brit likes this.
  15. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Welcome jake from washington State

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Jake Gibson

I hope you enjoy it here. Congrats on your new baby. :happy088:

17. Jake Gibson

I just read the 30 day rule/focus forum and it's definitely right up my alley I don't think I'm even 30 days in total wet shaving yet and I've already changed my razor, blade, soap....everything! 3 or 4 times at least! I tend to go a little overboard at the beginning of any new hobby/interest of mine. But starting today, same setup for 30 days. To be honest though it's going to be the setup I mentioned in my first post....hope that counts :)

brit and wristwatchb like this.
  18. Jake Gibson

I'm not sure how to post this as its own stand alone message yet but hopefully everyone who welcomed/welcomes me on here can see it. I would love to thank you all individually but I just don't have the time, with the little one on the move now Paji and Maji (our version of Daddy and Mommy) are constantly on the move too. Thank you everyone for the warm welcome I can't wait to see all this site has to offer and in time get to know a lot of you. In the words of the great Burt Ward "holy whiskers Batman that was a close shave"....classic!

brit, Terry and wristwatchb like this.
  19. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Jake, that sounds great! I hope you decide to come over and post in 30 Day thread. Lots of folks there to help you get started and cheer you on. And of course, there are some shenanigans. Soon you'll be helping and cheering the newer guys. Whatever you decide --- have fun and enjoy!

Charlie

Terry likes this.
  20. Jake Gibson

I would love to post on the 30 day rule forum but I can't seem to figure out how, all I can do is reply to someone else's post.....help!

brit and wristwatchb like this.