Best Omega brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by geogaga, Jul 9, 2010.

1. geogaga

geogaga Member

Hey guys,

Want to ask the community. What's the best Omega brush no matter is it stuffed either with board or badger bristles? What's yours? Which one Omega you wish to try? Each question presumes explanation of "why" :)

Looking forward to your answers!

Thanks.

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I have used two Omega brushes.

The 10005 is the one I prefer. It has a good bit going for it. It was inexpensive ($12 US). It has a Beech wood handle which is nicer then the hollow plastic on the other low end Omega boar brushes. I like the size, density, and softness of the knot. It took about a month to break in, but it does a great job with both soaps and creams.

http://www.omegabrush.com/english/dabarba/oggetto.php?id=48

The other one I have used was the 31064. This one has a nice solid lucite handle on it and sells for about $22 US. Out of the box, the knot is bigger and softer then the 10005. I only used it briefly before I made up my mind that I didn't really care for the brush. My brother really enjoyed it, so it became part of his birthday present. It's a nice brush but just wasn't for me.

http://www.omegabrush.com/english/dabarba/oggetto.php?id=106

3. basil

basil Well-Known Member

+1 on the 05 for me.

It was my first brush and I've had it for almost 5 years now.

Barely looses any bristles and is just the right softness and stiffness for me.

Plus I know the brush so well I can make amazing lather with it!

And it was dirt cheap too! On sale for less than 10 bucks.

4. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Same for me!

[​IMG]

I've got two of these wood handle beauties and that's all I use (for now).

5. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

^^^ Without a doubt. The best boar. ^^^

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

7. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

5 for 5 on the 05

Great minds think alike.

8. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    I've been really pleased with the omega brushes i've used over the years. I haven't owned enough to be able to recommend one over the other, but their boar brushes are the best i've seen.

9. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

20248 for me. Makes loads of lather quickly and is very soft on the face.

10. geogaga

geogaga Member

Thanks guys. I'm just trying to put together what Omega brushes are best demanded by people :) I'm curious also about their badger brushes, but have found very opposite opinions.

By the way, #11126? Any?

11. Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy Member

I recently purchased one of these
    http://www.omegabrush.com/english/dabarba/oggetto.php?id=46

Which turned out to be just too small for my big hands. For the last year and a half I've been using the 10049 Professional and I think I'm spoiled forever in favor of this large brush that makes mountains of lather and is so big it's almost like having a hot towel spread over your face (I use really hot water from the microwave).

I like that wooden handle on that brush some of you posted, if it's as big as the '49 I'd like to try that one. One thing is sure for me and that is that Omega makes the best boar brush for the money anywhere. My '49 hasn't lost five hairs in it's entire lifetime and the few times I used the little new brush it hasn't lost a hair yet.

12. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

I too have an Omega 10049. I've had it for 9 months and have only seen one hair come out of it. To me, the tips of the hairs seem softer than any other boar I've tried. The rest of the hairs have plenty of back bone to keep the brush from getting floppy. When I first got it I thought it would be to big, but it has worked out quite nicely. Very well made, but I would like it better with a wooden or Lucite handle. My next brush will probably be an Omega like the one Old Spice Guy just picked up.

Alan in AZ

13. Crankymoose

Crankymoose Member

I got 2
    the 31064

and the 81052

The 31064 is a little bigger brush and I like the handle a little better then the 81052 but both are great brushes, I have had both a couple years now I rotate them with my other brushes so they aren't used too often but still they rarely if ever lose a hair and if I had to do over and do this hobby on the cheap the 31064 could easily be my only brush

14. El Judio Afeitado

El Judio Afeitado New Member

Alexey, I've been using an Omega 80067 for a week now. I'm very happy with it because it is not as stiff and scratchy as I thought it might be. I had a VDH that was good for washing a car's tires by comparison.

I had been face lathering with a Vulfix pure badger brush with one particular soap puck. No matter what I tried, I could get no lather in the mug, which was all right with me, really. That same brush whipped amazing froth from an Ogallala puck I have and was wonderful with the tube of Godrej Deluxe (my first "real" cream) I've just SCAD-ed.

Now I find that this Omega begets wonderful lather in the mug; that never happened with this soap. It works fine with the Ogallala stuff; I expected that after my discovery.

That Vulfix (branded as a Col. Conk item) is now, I think, going to be my number-one brush for creams (bowl- or face-lathering) and the Omega will be for soaps. It is very comfortable, I find, and for US$15 delivered to my door, it was a good deal. Another thing I like is that it comes with it its own drip stand which firmly holds the piece with bristles down, straight up, or even perpendicularly!

Good luck with your choice! :cool:

15. geogaga

geogaga Member

Thank you, guys! Your input is very valuable for me :)