Birthday ideas

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by FancyRamen, Aug 31, 2015.

1. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

So my birthday is coming up and I have already bought myself most of the stuff that I wanted to get started and was wondering what to ask the wife to get me to add to the collection. Trying to keep it at a reasonable price, so I don't have the debt hanging over my head for Christmas and her birthday, so any suggestions in the $50-$80 range would be appreciated. Here is a list of the things I already have.

1. Gillette red tip
    2. Gillette travel tech
    3. Omega Pro 49 brush
    4. 3 Stirling soaps and 1 new one on the way
    5. 4 Wilkinson sword blades

2. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

There are tons of options.

A modern razor (like the Merkur Slant) or a nice badger brush would be my suggestions.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  3. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

How about a Gillette Adjustable? You can find some good prices on nice Slims and Black Beauties on the bay, with cases. Stay away from the later year Black Beauties with the plastic bottom plate. For shave brushes check out the Whipped Dog website. Larry has great brushes at very good prices. I personally have a 30mm Silvertip that is my favorite brush, along with a couple more Silvertip knots from him in brushes I have refurbished. I prefer shave cream over soap, and you might want to try The Body Shop Maca Root. Very good and not too expensive. Happy shopping :eatdrink047:

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I think you could use more blades, you definitely need to try more soaps! I'd go with a razor everyone should have and won't break the bank, a Gillette Super Speed.

5. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Asking for a vintage razor from someone else is a hornets nest I'd skip. It might work out great, but if you get a dud, she will feel rotten. Or she might be tempted to overpay to get something to make your birthday special. (plenty of overpriced vintage items out there)

Get an idea of what she likes fragrance wise, and drop a few hints on soaps or AS. That way you are both happy. If hardware, then a nice brush is a good idea, or a new production razor.

Monogrammed face towels?

MarshalArtist likes this.
  6. FancyRamen

FancyRamen Active Member

I'm leaning away from the vintage razor as well since I have two of them already. I was thinking of getting a nice aftershave or maybe a blade sampler pack (or both).

7. 90quattrcoupe

90quattrcoupe Well-Known Member

Probably the best bet. Like said above, your wife would feel bad if she got you a razor that you did not like. These are pretty safe.

Greg W.

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Happy Coming Up Birthday...

Billyfergie likes this.
  9. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Happy Birthday when it come Sir .....:chores016:

Billy