Blackland Brotherhood (BB)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by PLANofMAN, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Fantastic! Congrats, Kerry, I'll be looking for your SOTD tomorrow. I'm happy for you, enjoy and have fun! :bounce017::happy036::bounce017:

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

Had to share this .. pretty cool to think of the entire process that goes into making the Blackbirds

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats Kerry. It sure is great looking razor. Looking forward to your SOTD photo and thoughts.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Arizona Statehood / Valentine’s Day

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Soap: Route 66 Barbershop Hop
    Brush: Wolf Whiskers Beehive
    Razor: Blackland Blackbird
    Blade: Feather #2

Su2.jpg

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

How cool would it to have a personal video of your razor being made? So cool! On a thumb drive.

Robyflexx and ShaneS like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

SOTD
    February 14, 2016
    Prep: Hot Shower. Noxzema
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue
    Lather: Catie's Bubbles Inspirazione Di Parma
    CK Scuttle
    Brush: Maggard Razors 24mm Synthetic Marble Handle
    Aftershave: RazoRock XXX
    Phenomenal. I was a bit leary going into this shave with a new razor that I wanted to give a fair trial run, I hadn't shaved in maybe a week and my beard was getting thick. My wife even asked me if I was growing a beard. :happy068: Normally I'd use my iKon B1 Standard for a shave as such but I wanted to put the Blackland Blackbird to test.
    The first thing I noticed was how well the blade sat on the cap, no movement at all. I went with the 101mm handle and I love it! I had no problems finding the proper cutting angle as it was a natural feel. I did after my second pass take the razor apart to clean the hair off the blade, that's how long my beard was :( the razor did not clog or need to be disassembled I wanted to clean the blade. Can you say OCD... 3 pass shave. I don't like using BBS very often, I feel its overplayed. Today's shave was BBS. I could not have asked for a better piece of shaving hardware to use. @Troy M you sold me! The BB is phenomenal! I can't wait to shave tomorrow.
    I really needed this shave today, you'd be surprised what it did for my ailing injury.
    I also shaved my head, first pass was with the BB, and finished with my Gillette Atra.
    Never let the things you WANT
    Make you forget the things you HAVE!
    image.jpg

Papa Roy, BeShaved, PLANofMAN and 6 others like this.
  7. Robyflexx

Great write up Kerry. I'm so glad you enjoyed the BB and what a pick you up from your injury and best way to get rid of that growth! :bounce017: Enjoy:bounce017:

JR Reyes and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. RaZorBurn123

Thanks!! I'm very happy with my new BB!! I need a good shave. :) started to look like Father Time. Oh I used the Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food on my head, wow! Very soothing and a nice rose scent.

BeShaved, JR Reyes and Robyflexx like this.
  9. Robyflexx

I've read so many great reviews about Coral Skin Food, now I know it's all true. :happy088:

BeShaved and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

I'm so impressed with this stuff, it's a gel like substance. A little goes a long way.

BeShaved and Robyflexx like this.
  11. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Excellent write-up. I'm so glad you like it. I rarely squeal like a teenage girl over anything, but this razor...

RaZorBurn123 and Robyflexx like this.
  12. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I put my Blackbird down for a couple of days because I was afraid it would melt from over-use. 44 consecutive shaves with it, all of them excellent. I can now, confidently say, that the Blackbird helped my shaving technique. I didn't realize that I probably have been using too steep of an angle with all of my razors. The Blackbird's design allowed me to discover what a shallow angle really is. This razor's head simply wants to be held at a shallow angle and the resulting orientation of the handle is instinctive.

My last two shaves have been with a Slim adjustable and I recognized this morning that I was holding the handle at a much more perpendicular angle to my face and the razor blade was coming at my whiskers at a much shallower angle than I've used before. The last time I used a Slim I wasn't that impressed with the shave. Today and yesterday, my shaves were near BBS and sooo smooth.

I'm starting to rethink the developing idea that this razor is not a beginner's tool. I find it to be efficient and smooth. I've not nicked myself once with it and have had maybe a half dozen weepers since I received it.

13. obturador

obturador Active Member

[​IMG]
    Not sure if you guys can tell from you pic but the patina is coming along nicely on the handle. After a month and a half its still my go to razor. And dare i say it matches both my Captains Choice lather bowl and WW brush really nicely.

14. Robyflexx

Match beautifully, it does! :yoda

ShaneS and obturador like this.
  15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    21) @LuvWetShavin
    22) @RaZorBurn123
    I've added you guys to the list, and will add @Segafan#1 when his razor comes in.

Glad to hear both of you are 'Luv'ing :p your razors.

BeShaved, ShaneS, Segafan#1 and 3 others like this.
  16. DLP

DLP Well-Known Member

Finally a cure for RAD. I haven't used another DE since my Blackbird arrived. :signs081:

Now if I could just find the equivalent for SBAD. :smiley respect:

17. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    @Darkbulb could tell you. New Forest brushes. Pity Fido's re-retired, or it would be easier to acquire them.

BeShaved and DLP like this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

:thanks:

BeShaved and Robyflexx like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

True dat. Those are amazing brushes.

BeShaved, PLANofMAN and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

SOTD
    February 15, 2016
    Prep: Hot Shower. Noxzema
    Blade: Voskhod
    Lather: Chiseled Face Sherlock
    Brush: Maggard Razors 24mm Synthetic Marble Handle
    Aftershave: Chiseled Face Sherlock
    Amazing!! Believe the hype. It's all true. I don't think I could get a smoother, closer and more comfortable shave if I tried. CF Sherlock is fantastic. Have you noticed that the Maggard Marble has that custom look? For $15 shipped. :)
    Never let the things you WANT
    Make you forget the things you HAVE!
    image.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.