Blade Bank Database?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LKLive13, Jun 21, 2017.

1. LKLive13

LKLive13 Well-Known Member

Is there a site I can get information on Blade banks like you can get for razors on Mr Razor? I have a blade bank I need a date for and it would be good to have somewhere to look for that info if I come across more. Here is the one I have. Anyone know a date range?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123, Keithmax and RyX like this.
  2. LKLive13

After further research best I can tell is this belongs to a set somewhere between 1918 and 1920 from the trademark stamp on top with squared off style. After 1920 they look to be more rounded and before 1918 they have the detent tab on the long side where the top meets the bottom. Just thought I would post what I am seeing in case anyone else was curious!

wchnu likes this.
  3. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi Larry, there was a member over at the B&B who had extensive knowledge on the chronology of Gillette blade safes, he has passed away now, but has created a thread or two over there about these blade safes. I think he was called Dragonslayer, or Dragon Master. I'm not sure about his name, but the thread should still exist. I'll check it out and get back to you.

RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  4. LKLive13

Sweet! That would be great.

5. Morman Bridge

6. LKLive13

Very good information there. Looks like I have a type 8 according to that list. Thanks a ton!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Morman Bridge

Your welcome my friend!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Bookworm and Tiredricefarmer like this.
  9. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Some of those style blade banks had a smooth bottom and others a textured bottom so they could be repurposed as a matchbox and be used to strike matches. But I'm not sure which set belonged to which.

RyX and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  10. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Yes. That's part of why I transferred my useful posts from there to here. I could have just pointed to them on B&B, but here they are more accessible.

RyX likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Your posts = your content. Thanks for bringing it home to TSD.