Blade info

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rbilly, Mar 23, 2019.

1. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

So i went fishing this morning, on my way i stopped for some anchovies and adult sodas, stopped at a bait shop that suprisingly had hardly any fishing stuff but the had these SE blades. I have only used cvs blades, im attaching a picture does anyone know if these are old, or are these the new ones personna makes? 1553381203619-137980754.jpg

2. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Sorry to say, but they are very common and easy to come by.

Frijolero and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I wasnt hoping to get rich, i only buy blades to shave with, but my only option here is cvs, so the fact i got something different makes me happy. I have just never seen any other SE blades. Its been a few months since i have used my gem, so i get to break that out again to try these new blades. I did get lucky a few months ago at an old shop and found to packs of personna 74 blades, was never willing to pay the price on ebay for them and the guy wanted .50 cents each.

Frijolero, RyX, PatrickA51 and 2 others like this.
  4. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

The Persona Blades were a super buy!

5. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

They used to sell them at a paint store called Standard Brands Paint Co. They were in Torrance Ca. After my father retired from the Navy he went to work for them. When I was a teenager in the summer I unloaded their trucks made good money. The blades were meant to be used in Paint or putty scrappers.

Frijolero, johnnyflake and brit like this.
  6. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

They say single edge blades for shaving, and are made by American safety razor company.

Frijolero likes this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Great shaving blades. I use to get them at walgreens and a little drug store by where I lived had them. Have not seen them in a bit. I find mostly Treets now outside of the CVS blades. I really do not know how hard those are to find. Great score anyway it goes!

Frijolero and brit like this.
  8. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

For sure, i will try one out tomorrow before work.

Frijolero likes this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I have one single five pack tuck left of those. I save them for use on a special occasion. Im convinced that I can feel a difference in those and the Treets. The Blue Stars are smoother by a long shot for me.
    Good find.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  10. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I tried one tonight before work and got a fine shave, there was two packs left i will probably pick them up if they are there next weekend. It was just a wierd spot to find them, it literally in the middle of farm land, im not sure there is a house within 40 miles of this place, the only people going in there are buying beer junk food and bait.

brit and pj3r like this.