Blade inventory

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DDuckyMark, Nov 3, 2015.

1. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

IMG_20151103_195254989.jpg IMG_20151103_195304329.jpg @Bama Samurai asked me to take a blade inventory a week or so ago and I have tried but gave up each time. I was going through things preparing for the box tour and had it laid out so I took pictures instead of trying to type it all out. This is all the "blades" I have right now except for one or 2 cartridges my fiance has stashed away and what is currently in razors. The 2 pictures have some overlap.

Slow Joe, Robyflexx, BigMike and 13 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Wow! Nice work. That is quite the assortment!

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. DDuckyMark

Next time I log in on a real computer I think I'm going to but a link to this thread in my signature.

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

:happy088:

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. jmaier

jmaier Well-Known Member

Great place to be for a shave. Terrible place to be during a tornado. Well done, sir.

Robyflexx, Spyder, GatorJoe and 3 others like this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Impressive! First thing I notice is how many types of blades you have, second thing is I notice the Gillette Bue Platinum blades in the lower right. That is by far my favorite blade; a little pricey, but I get twice the smooth shaves from them as others, and I have a fairly course beard.

Robyflexx, PLAla and BigCabDaddy like this.
  7. DDuckyMark

That is mostly one of tryablade's everything samplers. I noticed that it was 8 or 9 blades larger now.

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Ducky, are you sure you aren't missing a few? I am in awe. I have some Astra's and some Gillette 7 's, that's it. About 180 blades will last me two years. Almost forgot, I also have 1 tuck of yet-to-be-tried Feathers.

Robyflexx and RyX like this.
  9. DDuckyMark

I have a few more actually. I have added to some of my most used blades and picked up a tuck of some unknowns to try later. I've only been using them broken in half in a shavette lately.

10. ElectroMike

ElectroMike Active Member

Nice selection!

I say unless these are 20 deep, you are slacking in bulk! You need more, never know when the Zombie Apocalypse comes, need to be shave ready at all times!

Couple of years ago I went thru the same phase of Tryablade and fleabay samplers, still have a variety I've not tried yet, your post just prompted me to open up a new blade or two and try them out, thanks!

11. bcannon87

bcannon87 Well-Known Member

Nice selection!!

Here's my modest one:
    Far right are Astra SP's
    [​IMG]

Robyflexx and Jorvaljr like this.
  12. DDuckyMark

the straights cover zombie days. Along with some rocks I have stacked up.

BamaT, ElectroMike and RyX like this.
  13. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I sometimes feel as though I've gone totally overboard on shaving items. Then I come to TSD and I think, as long as there are guys out there with more stuff than me, I'm still OK.

Jim99 and Jorvaljr like this.
  14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Lol I thought the same thing. I'm like " I only have 9 razors... There are some with dozens!"

BigMike likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Nice variety.

16. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Wow that's an impressive collection. How many do you have?

17. DDuckyMark

about 95 different types of DE but no more then 15 of any one. Then I have 5 types of SE but only 3 of each one. I have 9 straight razor blades 3 of them have scales. I also have 2 rolls razor blades.

Slow Joe likes this.