Blade PIF: Personna "Lab Blue" blades

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by 5Savages, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

**All blades have been spoken for **

I recently bought a second pack of the Personna DE Blades from Ebay which are commonly called the "Lab Blue" blades. Now some folks say they are nearly identical to the Personna Medical's DE Prep blade, except for an additional cleaning process that the Prep blades go through. They've tried them both and can't tell the difference. Others come away with a different perspective, saying they get different results and the prep blades are definitely better.

The only way to tell who's right is to try both yourself. I don't have any medical prep blades I can hand out, but I do have a bunch of the lab blades, with even more coming.

This PIF offer is for 3 Personna "lab blue" blades for the first 3 people who have never tried the Personna "lab blue" blades and posts here that they're interested. I'll contact to you to let you know you're in and get your address. The only thing I ask is that after you try them, you post your results and opinions in this thread.

2. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

I'm very interested. I've used the med prep blades and would like the opportunity to do a comparison.

3. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

I would love to give these a shot...consider me in if possible? thanks savages :)

4. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I have never tried the lab blue blades, I would like the chance to if your willing.

Thanks!

5. Shayne Redfearn

Shayne Redfearn Active Member

I think that makes 3 lol :) yay for pifs, I am going to do one here real soon...so keep an eye out everyone!!

6. 5Savages

NoobShaver, Shayne, and Iradke, please send me a PM with your address!

** All blades have been spoken for **

7. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Great PIF - these are wonderful blades!!!!

8. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Nice PIF - WTG 5savages!

9. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

Looking forward to reading the feedback.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    5 Star PIFing! :happy096:

11. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:signs011: :happy096:

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Well done!

13. 5Savages

It turns out I created one more envelope than I needed. Since the blades are ready to go, I'll open this to one more person.

14. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

I would like too try these.I have tried the blades with just the arrows on them and not Personna.I don't know if they are the same blade?

15. 5Savages

Your in. Please send your address to me in a PM.

The Personnas with just arrows are the "Barber" blades, as I understand it, so these would be good for you to try as a comparison.

16. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Blades arrived today. Will load them tomorrow.

Again thanks.

17. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Tried the Persona Blues for today's shave.

Initial impressions: Sharpness I rate at an 8, Comfort 9, they glided over my face nicely with no pulling or tugging.

18. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

Received the blades yesterday. Shaved with one today.

Results are the same as Brad's. So far they're identical to the med prep blades. The real test will come over the next four days. Med prep blades usually last 5 solid shaves for me.

19. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Day #2
    Great shave today, I use Proaraso todaythe blade glided comfortably across my face. The shave was irritation free, it provided a near BBS.

20. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I got the blades today! I will he having a nice long shower and shave tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.