Blade recommendations for ladies Blue Star Gillete

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Padron, May 2, 2008.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi,

I just got a really nice near mint Blue star Ladies Gillette for my wife, Thanks Martin!!

What blades work well in these that are not too sharp or aggressive? I don't have a huge selection....

I have:

Feathers
    Crystals
    Israelis
    Sharps
    Derby's

and some others that I only have a few of each.....

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sharps. :happy088

3. Hi Neale,
    You know, I didn't even think to ask if you needed blades. For some reason I figured you had a good supply and assortment.
    If I HAD sent some blades without knowing what you already have, The Crystals and Israelis would have been the ones I'd have included. Nice and mild, and still perform well. I haven't tried the Sharps JoAnna recommends, but I'd imagine she knows those blades well.
    I look forward to you posting your future antics...I mean experiments, in the wacky world of women's shaving. You and Mrs Neale can be the Pierre and Marie Curie of that niche..........heh.
    Martin

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hehe,

Thanks guys......this is really going to take a lot of encouraging of her on my part.....she does like the brush and creams I have gotten for her so far....but doesn't always take the time to use them :(

I try starting her with a Sharp blade..I think I have about 20 of them..hopefully all will go well :)

5. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

My sister is using Derbys with no problem reported

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Cool, same razor?

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Well,

My wife rocked this shave this morning...

Gillette loaded with a Sharp...she said she liked it, although she need to work on her technique and speed....:)

[​IMG]

8. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

Yet a great successtory!:signs107

9. Padron

Padron Active Member

Yea, hopefully she'll stick with it, her legs are smooth and no nicks either :happy088

10. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I gotta have a brush like that!:eek:

Where oh where, pray tell did you find it?

Oh yeah, my wife has crystals in hers and she did not complain. I do not have huge assortment, but the crystals did not work for me so I asked her to try them.

I just got 100 Personna reds so I hope she like those.

11. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

12. Milton

Milton New Member

My gf prefers Crystals in her lady gillette.

13. Hi All,
    Here's one of my favorite brush styles. It's made by eshave, and comes in 3 different badger types.

Attached Files:

14. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Thanks I will be getting her that for Xmas. Never to early to start shopping.

15. belya

belya New Member

I think I may have to get a brush like that for myself! wow

16. Hooba29

Hooba29 New Member

I'm a newbie and I also just bought the Gillette Blue Star. I think I'll get the Sharps to start with, but my husband has been eyeing my purchase and I have a feeling he's going to give it a go when I'm not looking. Would the Sharps be okay for a men's beard, or should get a different blade in case he wants to try my DE? When he grows a beard it's pretty soft.

17. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sharps will work. Plenty of guys use them. :happy088

18. Teiste

Teiste New Member

That Gillette Blue star has a blade gap of 0.58 mm(like a blue tip super speed)I have found that with my blue super speed sharp blades works great.So I will use BIC or feathers for it.I have never tried "sharp" brand blades but I bet that theyre sharp too...;)

19. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

My GF and I feel that the vast majority of platinum-coated blades are more the same than different, and what variable most radically changes the nature of the shave is the razor into which whatever blade is placed.

Second to that would be the soap/cream concentrate employed.

That said, I fairly recently tried a Kai blade and the result was disasterous.

Q: How aggressive were women's DE razors of the past?

20. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I agree. I have exactly the same razor.