blade vs electric

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by haroldwashington, Jan 12, 2020.

1. why do i get the weird feeling that manual razors will deliver a closer shave than any electric shaver???? what do you guys think? rsvp.

Terry likes this.
  2. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Well try a manual shaver and decide for yourself.
    tp

3. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Goo-bloomin' Stankster

In ideal conditions, the cutting edge of a manual shaver glides along the surface of the skin and cuts the hair at that level.

I don't know everything about all electrics, but in the olden days of Remington, Norelco, and Braun, whiskers had to poke through a non moving guard to get to the blade.

BTW, what shave gear do you like?

Terry likes this.
  4. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    There was a HUGE argument about Foil Shavers being used after a SR for the best shave ever on the SRP fb Page a week ago

Now IMHO if the foil razor touches a hair after the SR shave it wasn't done properly but that is just me

Terry and Edison Carter like this.
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Paperboy

Article Team
    There's better ways to remove hair than holding a rabid squirrel up to one's face.

...which is how an electric razor feels to me.

6. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I've tried some of the electric razors and never got a decent shave, always went back to my trusty Slim.

Edison Carter likes this.
  7. Jacksonpop

Jacksonpop New Member

Yes, you are right. I have a Straight Razor bought from Amazon. But I don't use it very often, except for the weekend, because it will take much time to shave my face. I also bought an electric shaver, the shaving experience of my straight razor is better than my electric shaver, but the electric one is OK for me, clean and comfortable enough, and save time.
    [​IMG]