Blades on the go

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by asagage, Dec 29, 2008.

1. asagage

asagage New Member

Has anyone found any bricks and morter stores that actually carry DE blades? Walmart and Sally's Beauty Supply carry one brand but I don't really like them. Is there anywhere I can go when I don't have time to order online?

2. Will

Will Nevermind

Try some drug stores, the CVS brand is better then the Wal Mart ones if you ask me.

3. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

Many guys order their favorite blades in lots of 100, that way they don't worry about running out.

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I know you said you didn't want to order on-line but shipping for blades in extremely cheap. Most e-tailers charge actual shipping and isnt more than a few bucks. www.westcoastshaving.com has a nice sampler also that is a good starter.

5. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Sorry. Order online in quantity. It pays for itself!

6. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Yes, pays for itself VERY quickly...

maybe find a friend that buys online??

7. joseywales

joseywales Member

Please explain. Our Walmart sell the Red Personna Platinum. Being new to the party, I can't say where they fall on the quality scale, but I do get a very acceptable shave from them. I will be trying others soon, but can you explain if the CVS brand is on par with these Personnas.

To the original poster. As much as I appreciate you driving from B&M to B&M looking for blades (I'm in the oil industry), I don't believe you'll find much worth a darn without ordering online. Trust me...

8. mmack66

mmack66 Member

Most drug stores and grocery stores and Walmart/Target/KMart stores carry some form of rebranded ASR DE blade. Whether you want to shave with them is the question. They will work in a pinch, but if you want a quality blade, you will more than likely have to shop online.

9. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

Dollar General stores in my part of the world sell their DG blades for $1/10 pack. The ones I get are made in Israel and shave like Crystal blades. Even at a dime a piece, this is expensive as you can buy brand name blades in bulk online and pay less.

10. Heimskringla

Heimskringla New Member

Pickings are slim in some areas. I recently went home to visit my parents over the holiday and ran out of blades towards the end of my vacation; I had to settle for Bic blades.

11. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Navarro Drug (Florida East Coast) carries the Crystal/IP's as their store brand. I've found Crystals at the 1$ and More store, but not lately.

[​IMG]