Blasphemy?!?!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Michael, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Almost a year ago, I re-"discovered" wetshaving when I found my dad's 1960 SS on a visit to the old homestead. Bought a tub of Taylor's Lavender, some Merkur blades and a nice brush from TESC. Since then, I've added 5 more brushes, a couple dozen creams/soaps, 20 or so aftershaves, 3 witch hazels, 6 more razors and 300 blades. Oh, and a nice antique wall cabinet to store most of it in.

It's come down to this though...I use, for the most part;
    Two brushes (the BK4 and BLK4). A change of color is nice. :rolleyes:
    One razor. I like the gold Lined Chatsworth from TESC and rarely use the others.
    Three aftershave splashes (Master Bay Rum, 4711 and Floris Elite).
    No ASBs - they're just umm, gooey!
    Shaving creams only. Rarely will I use a soap (most of what I have have barely been used), though I do rotate through most of my creams.
    One witch hazel. Plain and rose-flavored just don't do it for me (Thayer's Lavender is awesome though).
    I also vary the blade (Feather, Derby and Sharp), for no apparent reason as they're all the same to me. Except Sharp is only good for 2 shaves.
    Maybe time for a yard sale?

Am I the only one?

2. Will

Will Nevermind

No I use pretty minimal amount of rotation myself.

I should get rid of a lot of stuff, I just don't .......... I am weak.

3. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You're going through a "minimalist" phase. You'll get over it eventually. :D

4. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Well, I do still shave every day. And I go for BBS. Maybe there's hope?

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

But of course. I believe in you, Michael. :cool:

6. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I'm sure.......Studmuffin. :rolleyes:

7. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I try to use all my razors of which I have about 17 or so. Each time I start with a new razor it gets a new blade. I use that razor and blade for three straight shaves, then pick a new razor with a new blade (I choose between about 4 or 5 different blades.) I use a different brush every day (I use 8 brushes). As for the creams, soaps, aftershaves, edts, it's all a matter of how I feel that day. Of course, I have my favorite things but I try to keep everything in the rotation. The only thing that remains constant in my daily shave is... wait for it... Thayers Lavender w/h.

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I could certainly do all that, but I just don't. As for the Lavender, good man yourself, Radar!

9. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I'm with Johnnie, I guess I feel that I am not getting my $ worth out of the razors if I do not use them all. I think what I am doing is trying to find exactly the same make and model razor that pop used for fourty years and threw out. I will never forgive him for doing that. Sort of paying hommage to pop and his long time shave routine.

I guess in a way if I don't use them all in a rotation I am sort of putting my pop down in a way.

10. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I enjoy variety, so I continue to roam around the collection. Lately, as an experiment, I've stuck with one razor (a Gillette English open-comb Executive) and one brand of blade (Treet Blue Special) exclusively. And it's driving me crazy.

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Heretic!! We have ways of dealing with you, Michael, Duke of Kent. Just remember, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

[​IMG]

12. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I guess with a collection the size of yours you could be roaming for quite some time. You might even get lost the collection is so big.

13. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Inquisition? Hah! I spit on your Inquisition...I am the Duke of Kent!

Besides, anyone with a collection the size of yours should have been the OP!! :rofl:rofl

14. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Our chief weapon is surprise... surprise and fear... No wait our TWO weapons are Suprise and fear and ruthless efficiency.. No our THREE weapons are fear surprise, ruthless efficiency and an almost fanatical devotion to the pope... :rofl:rofl

15. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent