Bloomers without Borders (Bw/oB)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by RyX, May 12, 2018.

1. RyX

RyX DoH!

It has come to my attention that an Organization is quietly forming, yet hasn't called for an open public meeting of members.

At this time I'd like to invite Paul @Paul Turner & Primo @Primotenore to make their opening statements.

Cookies will be served at the table in the rear of the room.

Rob206, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I bloom soap or not, but I do add some water to soften it and whip up a lather.

ps - I also add water to Barbasol

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

"Good afternoon, Soap Bloomers. Y'know, just as I joined, I'm finding out that the word "Blooming" is changing to "Sousing". Whatever the word ends up being, I believe the significance of this action. As we know, we don't need a "geyser" of hot water into our soaps-just a tiny amount from the faucet will do. But we'd better come to terms on this "Bloom vs. Souse" thing, as well as those who came in to SBOA before it does change to SSOA, should this be the case. I'll let @Primotenore discuss this matter in his own way. But I'll just close by saying it brings to mind the fact that residents at my complex can't have any dogs. In fact, one resident DID get a dog, but that was before the no-dog rule came about. After some discussion, the resident was allowed to keep the dog. At any rate, I'm glad to be here BLOOM ON(if you feel you have to that is, chuk yuk yuk-hmmm...tough crowd". )

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  4. Paul Turner

Mr. Cawtuh, IMO no need to do that. I suggest you watch the documentary Made In America narrated by John Ratzenberger(the "Cheers" postman who loves to talk). He does a segment about Barbasol.

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

So I am curious where S.B.O.A. stands on those of us who are Bloom Curious? We may have experimented with blooming, but aren’t really sure how we feel about it, and where our shaving preferences fit in.

Is there a spot within S.B.O.A. for us?

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

As Provisional Master at Arms, I'll leave definitions to The President, Primo, and Vice, Paul. There's an opening as Secretary or Historian if you'd like to do the Research as to what constitutes a good old fashioned Blooming.

7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Closet Bloomers? These aren't Victorian times. Let your bloomer flag fly!
    Victoriam Bloomers.jpg

Terry, brit, Screwtape and 5 others like this.
  8. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Real men don't bloom. :prrr:

9. Edison Carter

I make the motion that Cold Water be accepted into the fold!

10. Paul Turner

Real men......they don't blo--o---om(they don't bloom). But let's get serious, does that put me into the FMOA group? (Fake Men Of America)

11. Edison Carter

I believe the barber on que in the video should be asked if he sees an improvement if he adds a little water!

12. Edison Carter

They just use water.

13. Paul Turner

Let me offer the comment that Mr. Cawtuh's motion could only work on Stoylin's Texas On Fire or a similar warm/very warm soap brand.

14. Paul Turner

it's where you say "add some water" that we must make sure of the clarity of blooming and sousing.

15. Edison Carter

Surely the gentleman from the great northeast would not be in favor of dividing this great union merely upon the temperature issue. My motion to accommodate cold water shaving stands firm.

16. Edison Carter

These parameters may be very hard to define without scientific analysis of each base material AND finished goods for moisture to solids ratios. I move that we accept all individuals who have water in their soap, lest we fall into a conundrum for the 'shave brumbies' to wrangle over.

17. Paul Turner

I would argue that the section of the country where I live, and its temperature swings-are not so much the issue here. The Vice-President realizes that cold-water shaving is popular, however, bloom or souse, cold soap(Booster, any Stoylin Glacial) would only be used by me if it be followed by Texas On Fire A.S.(as an example). Course the Vice-President has always understood that we all should shave the way we like. Yet there will be no sousing of a Stoylin Glacial soap(for instance)with a Stoylin Glacial A.S. from my bathroom. The Vice-President prefers unity to division.

18. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I heard that there were real cookies somewhere on TSD, but have now determined these, if in fact real, were apparently stored in some guy’s bloomers. Um, no. Not interested either way. I will leave you gentlemen to bloom amongst yourself. Vive la revolution du petit gauteaux!

19. Paul Turner

A lot of that video was funny-in a way just like TSD, in that we learn, and have fun doing so.

20. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I always add some water to my soap and let it sit while I shower.

I probably wouldn’t do it if I used the same soap more than twice in a row but having a large number in rotation means the pucks get pretty hard in between uses.

I’m also in the habit of adding a couple drops of glycerin for a little extra bit of slickery.