Blue collar shaving

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by tuxxdk, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

For camping I use LaToja shave stick. I use a synthetic brush, so no soaking is needed. I've also used creams by just rubbing into my wetted beard, then lathering wit a brush. Either method doesn't require a bowl. I prefer an injector razor, as it's smaller and the blade lasts longer; not to mention they shave better than a de:scared003:

tuxxdk likes this.
  2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

A little update seems in order :)

I've been at it ever since and it's going really great. For a time I used the Weishi as imagined, but it was not overly pleasant. The razor itself is not to fault at such, but I'm just not a huge fan of the TTO Super Speed design. I know many love'em, but I'm just not one of them.

So what I use now is the collapsible bowl from eBay, which I use to create lather. I started out face lathering, but I have more control of the lather in the bowl, so I prefer that.

The razor has been switched out to my iKon X3 with Maggard MR14 handle. Wonderful combo that work equally great for everyday, but also if I've slacked and have multiple days growth. The slant is great for all types and lengths of growth.

Soap is usually rotated every week, but for now I've settled on the Matas Men shaving soap. It's really small (not much closet space), smells great and performance is nice. I haven't even gotten to try the Arko I ordered yet.

My colleagues reactions? Not much actually. But those who have commented have been puzzled at why I can shave everyday, since "your skin needs to calm down over several days". I haven't really engaged a conversion on it - knowing them, it's futile.

Spyder and americanshamrock like this.