BMS'21 (Buy more stuff)

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by 9nein9, Jan 25, 2021.

?

What drives you to make your purchases?

Poll closed Mar 3, 2021.
  1. It's my money and I'll spend it how I want to.

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. None of your business!

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. Seen it . Had to have it .

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  4. Hit wrong button by mistake

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  5. Preparing for shave apocalypse

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  6. My other razors were lonely

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  7. Fell off NB21 wagon

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  8. My Den looked empty

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  9. My wife/ husband will never know

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  10. He with the most toys wins

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Considering what some of the Schick razors in good condition without its case have been going for these days, between $20 and $50 before shipping, $25 shipped is excellent. And if the blades haven't been used, even better deal.

cliffb599 and John Beeman like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

The blade dispenser was empty but I've got plenty of vintage and new injector blades.

This morning I was poking around a bit seeing how many Krona injectors I had since you mentioned the other day you were on your last dispenser.

Jorvaljr and cliffb599 like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

Yes, unfortunately, my last Krona injector blade. I took it out of my 1972 Schick Lady Eversharp Hydro-Magic last night and put it in my Gillette Twinjector. Was such a fantastic shave but that's what I've been reduced to... Having to swap the blade around in different razors. Once that blade is dead, I'll be opening a new pack of Personna 74s disguised as Super Platinum Chrome Blades.
    :happy097::happy102:

4. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Monday’s mail call is a 1959 E1 (my mother’s birth year and quarter) Gillette Red Tip Super Speed. 55EC33F3-85B4-4956-A5D9-BD79816D6EFF.jpeg

5. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Found this beauty on the Facebook “Wet shaving Enablers” store. On the way.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enrico, jtspartan, Jorvaljr and 9 others like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Essentially he said “ sucks to be you, let me look, count and admire my riches.” Lol

* I’m kidding of course *

7. IAmTheJody

One of the neat other little shaving things I like to collect is the old vintage and antique shaving stick containers, especially brands I have never heard of before. They are quiet unique and nice to look at especially when they have neat artwork. So here is one I purchased on eBay back on May 4th, and I'm still waiting on it to be delivered.

It got shipped from a little town in Georgia on May 5th, made its way to Nashville, Tennessee and then to Memphis, Tennessee where it was supposed to come straight down from Memphis to me here in Jackson, Mississippi. Instead, it went from Memphis all the way to Denver, Colorado where the tracking shows it bounced around several locations there. Then tracking had not been updated for 7 days until today, where it has made its way from Denver back to Georgia. Currently in Atlanta. I'm assuming there is some kind of damage to the label in regards to my address, and USPS is returning it to the sender. I will get it eventually. I think.

Screenshot_20210517-114251a.jpg Screenshot_20210517-114328b.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517-114311c.jpg Screenshot_20210517-114351d.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517-114408e.jpg

8. brit

brit in a box

Very cool Myles..nice brush..:cool:

myles wilson likes this.
  9. John Beeman

Had I found a dozen I would have posted a picture just to rub it in.

Actually I would have sent him one but first I was curious about the designation since I seemed to recall having tried a Krona injector blade that ended up being quite harsh.
    I did a search of TSD for Krona injector blades and found out there were three maybe four blades labeled Krona with some being stainless and others not. Looking in my stash I believe I tested one of the older carbon blades. Tonight if I have time I'm going to look through a couple of boxes of spare razors that have injector cartridges in them to see if I have any stainless blades labeled Krona.

10. IAmTheJody

I should have been more clear and precise... Definitely not the carbon blades. The stainless are the winners. Here's a picture of one of my NOS Krona DE blades... These are the good ones, DE and injector...
    IMG_20210517_130539~2.jpg
    IMG_20210517_131003~2.jpg

11. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

FedEx just delivered some Gillette Nacet blades and Proraso Green soap and aftershave today from WCS. 85BEEA8F-93D1-49F6-9F47-7D1552C07088.jpeg D3D035D9-E4C5-4032-8345-D4D7D52AFE5D.jpeg

12. Jorvaljr

Hmm these are the only Schick blades types i have. But i have more of the plus platinums.
    2C915A7B-D866-4D33-9423-8E344523ACEB.jpeg

13. John Beeman

I found seven different types of packages that say "Krona". Six in the picture and one more after I put everything away. The seventh one is identical to the third one from the top except there's no "s" on the word "edge".

The ones that say "Eversharp" are probably the oldest and likely the ones I had a bad shave with.

Yours looks very similar to the one at the bottom but the difference may be because yours is a 5 pack and mine is a 15 pack.

001.JPG

jtspartan, Jorvaljr, Enrico and 6 others like this.
  14. IAmTheJody

Yes, the one on the very bottom. That's the same in injector form as my DE blades I picture-posted. That's the last blade I'm on now in my injector. The Super Stainless Steel with Krona Comfort Edge. Really a fine and superb blade, whether in injector form or DE form. IMHO. I haven't used any from injector keys of the other five in your picture but it would not surprise me if they are all the same blade as they all say Krona Chrome in some form. Of course it could also be different shaves depending on which factory the blades were made in. Both my injector and DE Krona blades were made in Sweden.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A few additions.... Two tube of the long out of production Tet-a-Tet ASB and a Erasmic stick, both very generous gifts from @IAmTheJody. Also just received a lightly used SS Hawk V3 on a bulldog handle and a cartridge of Feather Pro blades. I have been wanting to try an artist club razor, but never got around to spending the money or adding a new style of blade to my den (until now).

IMG_20210517_194909_517.jpg

16. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Quite the Haul!

jimjo1031, IAmTheJody and PanChango like this.
  17. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

18. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Thanks Gary!

brit likes this.
  19. Jorvaljr

brit, Dave in KY and cliffb599 like this.
  20. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks and Jorge, you would choke if you knew how little I paid for this all (NOT including the Shake Sharp) Just timing when it popped up on the Bay with a low Buy it Now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.