BOCK brushes...

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by TomH, Jun 6, 2007.

1. TomH

TomH Welcome Wagon

I've posted this also at B&B, sorry that I haven't posted it here at first...:ashamed001

There's a little family business here in Germany which produces shaving brushes with grey badger hair or silvertip called www.bock-pinsel.de .

I've bought both of them and have to say that they are worth the money.
    The grey badger costs: 10,-Euro or converted > $13.50 USD and the silvertip costs: 20,-Euro or converted > ~$27.00 USD.

Here are some pics:

On the first pic you see the grey badger and the silvertip ion topview.
    The second shows the comparison with a SMFII(Shavemac silvertip), left the grey badger, middle SMFII, right silvertip.
    The third picture is a topview of the SMFII brush-left and the Bock silvertip-right.

Attached Files:

2. Will

Will Nevermind

It is a great price, well worth looking into.

Danke, mein Freund

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Fabelhafter Pinsel, Tom--ich bin sehr beeindruckt, wirklich. Du hast ein tolle Rasierzeug, und hoffentlich, du bist stolz!

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Tom - those are some great-looking brushes. I like the wooden handles, they seem like a good size/shape.

I am in the market for a pure/best badger so I will most likely give the "grey badger" a shot :happy088

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Good good

It is always nice to have more then one opinion before diving in, not that I need a brush, I just want one. :D

6. herzi

herzi Active Member

You need a second opinion? I have the silver tip, too. I am very satisfied with it. Especially at this pice you can't do anything wrong.

What Tom didn't mention is this. These small family business has also more expensive and better brushes. They only don't have them on their homepage.
    You can read more here:
    http://forum.nassrasur.com/showtopic.php?threadid=6084
    I didn't know if I'm allowed to link the pictures in the link above. So I gave a link to the whole thread at nassrasur.com.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    How do you order a brush? :confused:

My understanding of the German language is pretty rusty. :ashamed001

8. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

They look like nice brushes, I just hate that the product page gives you a bunch of PDF files.

9. herzi

herzi Active Member

You can order them by eMail or on the phone. Perhaps you can make a group buy? If you can wait (I know you can't) I can collect orders for you after my two weeks holiday and send them to one of you.

10. Smedley

Smedley New Member

Oh, the temptation...must resist...must remember ridiculous Canadian shipping and customs fees...

11. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

hey did you pay any fees for the Anherb ? I dont think so we beat the system.
    That doesnt mean Jeff is not letting them #$#%% called Customs get away with keeping the box extra 2 weeks at their place.

12. Smedley

Smedley New Member

We don't pay customs internally. Just on cross-border shipments.

But a brush from Germany, that would be a lot of coin methinks. Still, they are very nice... :sad029

13. herzi

herzi Active Member

Back again. Group buy? You can send me your wishes per PM

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I'm waiting to hear how Joe likes his BOCK brush, Tom just sent him. :o

15. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Awesome

Well......

This is one incredible brush.

• Looks great
    • Very well made, great construction
    • Good size - fits in my razor/brush stand very nicely ;)
    • High quality badger hair, for a "grey" grade
    What they say about German engineering is 100% true. This is quite a unique badger brush. It is of "grey" (pure?) grade, so the tips have a nice scrubbing action, but at the same time the hairs have a flex somewhat akin to a silvertip brush. It isn't dense, but it isn't loosely packed....its just right.

The closest comparison brush I have to this one is the C&E Best Badger, and the BOCK blows-it-out-of-the-water

Many thanks to my good friend Tom for making it possible for me to have this brush.

:happy088 :happy088 :happy088

16. Will

Will Nevermind

WTT Crabtree and Evelyn Best for BOCK! :D

17. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You'll have to pry this BOCK out of my cold, dead, full-of-lather hands ;) :cool: ::

18. Will

Will Nevermind

How SLICK is the lather.

Going to be hard to grip it with no thumb.

19. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

TJ's review seals it.

I gotta get me one of those grey badger brushes.

I smell a group buy!!!

20. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

How are you going to bust my thumbs, if yours are already busted :rofl